If you are requesting technical assistance with Twine, please specify:
Twine Version: 2.3.9
Story Format: Sugarcube 2.31.1
I am about tearing my hair out over this. I want to have a little sound effect play when you click a word of text. I was having trouble making that work so I tested out having any audio play whatsoever, and no matter what I do, I can’t seem to get any audio to play during the game at all.
Things I’ve tried that have not worked:
- Linking a .wav file from Dropbox (and yes changed the dl0 to dl1), Wix, and from my own hard drive
- Publishing the game to HTML and playing in both Safari and Chrome
- Cacheing audio in my StoryInit passage and playing it on the second page of the game, not the starting one
- Adding &ext=.wav to the end of the audio filename
I keep getting this error:
Error: <<audio>>: error during runner initialization: track "Rattle" does not exist
I feel like I’ve tried every solution and it still doesn’t work. It seemed like this might have been a bug in Twine, but I thought it got fixed.
Does anyone know…
- If this bug is still known to exist in the latest versions of Twine and Sugarcube?
- If there’s ANYTHING else I can try? I find it hard to believe I’m just screwed for being able to add any audio to my game…that seems like a bug that renders a huge part of the program totally unusable.
Any help would be so incredibly appreciated. Thank you.