(AT CAPACITY) Seeking testers for extremely short TADS 3 game

Hi!

Last month, I had a weird day and cranked out an extremely short game in about 12 hours. Part of it was catharsis, and part of it was to test my reusable code module.

One of my friends managed to get through this game in less than 10 minutes.

It deals a lot with surrealism, and is maybe the IF equivalent of a shitpost. It’s also technically adult IF, but you can absolutely complete the game without finding any of the adult elements. I just added a bunch of really silly actions for anyone who is really committed to the bit, which then necessitated an unexpected level of mechanical implementation.

I’m pretty sure I found all the bugs, but I’m looking for one or three volunteers who want to absolutely destroy a game file, lol.

EDIT: Okay, I have enough volunteers for two phases of testing! :star_struck: Y’all are the best!!!

11 Likes

Hit me up with that TADS file…

5 Likes

Sent! :grin:

3 Likes

At your disposition, Joey !

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

5 Likes

Totally up for it!

5 Likes

Totes!

3 Likes

I’ll gladly test it!

2 Likes

Okay, I did not expect so many people to be interested, but I feel like I need to explain/reiterate:

This is 100% an extremely short game, made from distilled, surreal silliness. This is not approaching the level of I Am Prey, nor is it approaching the scale of Silverbacks (which I’m working on alongside I Am Prey 1.0). It’s easily two magnitudes smaller than any of these.

Just so we’re all on the same page. :sweat_smile:

I’m extremely thankful for everyone who wants to help test it, though; it means the world to me! Even goofy micro-games deserve polish. :grin:

EDIT: Okay, I have enough volunteers for two phases of testing! :star_struck: Y’all are the best!!!

8 Likes

I was too late. (Jeez, you’ve gotta be quick on this forum.) If you change your mind and need more testers or you decide to have a second round, I’m up for it.

5 Likes

Hey Joey, I get the impression that with all those people jumping at the opportunity to have a preview peek of anything you might be releasing in the near future by signing up for testing, this game could become the left-field cult hit of the year.

----hushhush----

5 Likes

I will absolutely lose my mind if this game gets a following. :joy:

Again, I just want to say that I am extremely fortunate that so many people signed up to test this. Before joining this forum, I had a very difficult time finding testers.

Also, this game doubles as a test-run of a standardized code module that I plan to use a lot in the future, so I want to make sure it’s water-tight before building anything truly crazy with it! :grin:

6 Likes