You may remember Ascension of Limbs from the last year’s IFComp - it’s a horror / simulation game that ended up finishing 22nd. Since then, I’ve made a nearly 20000-word gameplay update to it, with new items, interactions, achievements and NPCs.
The game now even has a speedrunning achievement, where you have to reach the best ending under a certain amount of minutes. I hope someone gives it a try!
I sent the file of the newest version to IF Archive, however, it’s not sorted out yet. In the meanwhile, you can get it from here:
Ascension of Limbs.gblorb (1.3 MB)
A more in-depth list of changes (contains spoilers):
- the in-game hinting for reaching Ending S was changed. The original wording was a bit misleading, confusing many players during the competition.
- now it is possible for the seer to fix curses (for 2 cash).
- four new NPCs (Anton, Paul, the inspector and the drummer).
- six new unique items (bust, mentha, lantern, vessel, femur and skull).
- eight new tools (extinguisher, lighter, latch, compendium, booklet, tea, membership and guide).
- new verbs CONJURE and BURN.
- fire & appraisal mechanics.
- four ‘playable characters’ for Arcade-mode.
- several new achievements, bringing the total to 20 achievements.
- numerous small bug fixes and balance changes.