ARC II, a Story-Heavy Science Fiction Game

Hey guys, after a ton of work I finally finished my first interactive fiction game made using Quest. Introduction below:

You are Dr. Conor Chase, an astrophysics professor at Stanford. Slowly dying from a mysterious and incurable disease, you are granted a last chance at life: you have been chosen as the first person to be put in cryonic sleep as part of a secretive medical trial. What kind of world will you wake up in?

Game link: http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/bzcsluxzweoo7mdyk-hnhq/arc-ii

I’m new to this community and would highly appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks and have a great day!

4 Likes

This is utterly amazing.
I’m a sucker for these types of stories, stories that deal with pure emotion, stories that put you in the shoes of someone who is facing the biggest risk of their life, (which is, in this case, cryonic sleep.) stories that you know will make you feel something by the time you’re done playing it.

The story is what captured me. The newspapers and the books all hint at a long backstory that’ll be unlocked while you play through the game, and it is written so perfectly that I can see it happen in my mind. The characters, like Zach and Isabelle, who we do not meet in person but are essential to Conor’s story, do not feel like they’re just there for a plot-- and likewise, the plot does not feel forced or out-of-this-world.

Unfortunately, I am currently stuck on Part Two, as when I try to click or write Go East, it simply doesn’t work. I don’t know if that’s the game, or me, but I’ll definitely come back to it very soon to see if it works. I am in love with this game, and I could see myself playing it nonstop. Congrats! Your hard work has definitely paid off, this is just plain amazing. I look forward to seeing more from you!

Thank you so much for the kind words, it means a lot to me. I’m glad you enjoy it!

There are three parts to the game, so you are definitely not supposed to get stuck. Sometimes the game timeouts and you have to refresh, the servers are not too stable. What room are you stuck in? If it’s a bug I will try to replicate it.

1 Like

Also, Quest games have a save feature. If you type “save” into the console, then you can load your progress from the game listing page, that way you won’t have to restart if the server freezes!

1 Like

thank you so much! right now, i’m stuck at the point where you come out of the chamber and see the footprints. i had to restart, but i’m saving and getting back to where i was! really excited to play through it!