Anyone want to join making a simple game?

That’s the link. If you scroll down to page 13, “A VIABLE IDEA,” here I thought maybe making a game in ZIL could be a good side project.
In case you can’t be bothered to read it, you make a small maze - one room per person - and an underlying puzzle. Then you assign each person to a room, and have them turn that ‘room’ into a larger area of about 10 rooms, with a certain style of puzzle/theme in the whole area, as well as a certain object or obstacle which needs to be collected. Then you connect it up, fix any repetitions and bugs, and finally, complete it, and possibly publish it.
One of the problems: I haven’t got an idea or anything, for that matter. Just that idea. So… If anyone can add to the storyline too, that’s fine. Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Interesting idea. Welcome to IntFiction.

I did refer to the link. The page images are difficult to read.

Can you clarify your proposal?

2 Likes

This would be a great entry for a seed in the hopefully upcoming SeedComp.

3 Likes

In my above post, I specified what it meant. I dont understand what you meant specifically, sorry.

1 Like

This sounds a bit like how Cragne Manor was written! I was going to add that I plan to play it when I have lots of time – maybe retirement – but having just read the lengthy content warning I might not!

4 Likes

This was discussed recently in the Cragne Manor let’s play thread, by the way.

4 Likes

It is really a thing for the more loyal fans… I wonder if Zork was partially made that way. I still think that it could be a good idea.

1 Like

The idea in that paper seems interesting. It got me thinking to take the idea in a different, less structured direction without the Editor role so there isn’t an overall plan. It currently lives at jxself.org public git repositories - viable-idea.git/summary under the working title of “A Viable Idea”, working from that Infocom documentation, since there’s no way to know what it will end up looking like. A title can be determined later. Contributions from anyone are welcome, as that’s the whole point. Further information’s in the README file.

2 Likes