Anyone planning a TADS IFCOMP entry this year?

So the IFCOMP announcement hit me like a blast of cold water. With my own WIP at least a year maybe two out, I think I want to offer to Beta. It occurs to me I will not have to review games I Beta, and I’m already feeling trepidation over the submission volume.

Before I submit to the chaos of the Beta Board, I guess I’d like to give first crack to my fellow TADStans? If I can help, let me know. Otherwise, you’ll probably just get a rambling, incoherent review like everyone else.

8 Likes

I can’t say, because I still don’t have a valid idea & plot, and the first thing I do after estabilshing the idea & plot is deciding the best language for its development…
(TADS 3’s forte lies in NPC handling, for example; the ongoing effort to port my WIP from adv3 to adv3Lite, (with unexpected major success…) was caused by an reassessment of the NPC’s needs, whose justify the effort of changing library)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

5 Likes

I am certainly trying to get my (mostly) TADS 3 game ready for this comp. I’ve had an alpha test, but am holding off on a beta until more of the game is in place.

6 Likes

Jj, I’m entering a.TADS game this IFComp…

4 Likes

Lol, the idea that a submission 2.5 months out is a possibility when you DON’T EVEN HAVE AN IDEA YET is super wild to me! I thought I had hit a brisk development pace, but I see now that I think way too much of myself. :]

Good luck, let me know if lightning strikes!

5 Likes

I’m scrambling to get my latest WIP shaped up for IF Comp. It’ll be a tight squeeze.

My original goal was to have it finished for Spring Thing (ha!). If I don’t make the comp deadline, I’ll be aiming for a spring release…

6 Likes

Looks like TADS will be decently represented!

6 Likes

actually was a gentle mean of saying “is very improbable that I’ll enter the IFComp, so I apologise in advance for the eventual disappointment”…

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

3 Likes

and in the end the improbable happened, albeit isn’t a TADS entry :slight_smile:

Let’s see if my slow dev allows being done by the 28th of September…

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

2 Likes