Any news from the XYZZY awards?

Does anybody have any news regarding the 2021 XYZZYs?

7 Likes

I haven’t heard anything – and there were a couple threads early in the summer to the same effect, I think. The organizer, Sam Kabo Ashwell, did write one IFComp review this year but that’s the only activity I’ve seen from him lately, with nothing on the official XYZZY channels.

My plan is that if we don’t hear anything before the end of the year, I’m just gonna call dibs and say Sting was the 2021 XYZZY Best Game winner, as well as a runner-up for Best Writing and Best Individual PC (don’t want to get greedy). If anyone else wants to get in on the action on other awards, feel free, but I repeat that I have called dibs on mine.

18 Likes

I was hoping the ifmud folks might have some inside scoop.
But otherwise, I’ll follow your lead and claim Best Puzzle for finding the treasure in the Libonotus Cup.

5 Likes

Is there an XYZZY award for “Best Year Since We Didn’t Have to Play one of Hanon’s Games”?

8 Likes

There are a lot of things in this world you can argue with, but you just can’t argue with dibs.

10 Likes

Has anyone emailed Sam? I could do that if desired.

8 Likes

Oh, no need for that, it’d be a shame to bug him.

(OK, OK, that’s probably a good idea)

5 Likes

If we’re calling dibs, I want Best Setting for The Community in we, the remainder. Do I deserve it? Who’s to say? But that, I suppose, is what dibs are for.

6 Likes

Hi. Sorry for the lack of communication. Short version is I’m rolling out this year’s XYZZYs in the next couple of days.

23 Likes

You’re the best! Unlike me, because I forgot to send the email I said I would earlier in this thread.

Also… did I ever notice before how, uh, unfortunate your nickname Maga has become as time moved on? :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Well, if he hadn’t, he certainly would now, lol.
Nvm, misread that. I not you.

2 Likes

Possibly related information from Sam’s profile:

i don’t see why i should change it, he’s the one who sucks

Looking forward to the return of the XYZZYs!

7 Likes

I was just wondering about this earlier (the XYZZY awards, not the other thing) and am happy to hear things are moving!

3 Likes

This thread is from last year. Has there been new info?

6 Likes

Alas, I don’t think so. I was just thrown off by the extremely confusing habit of not listing a year in the post itself, whch appears to be how this forum software approaches things.

Dang!

4 Likes