Announcing... The Recipe Jam! a mini IF jam [GAMES ARE OUT]

To kick off this new year of game jams, the neo-interactives girls have organised a week-long mini IF jam!

tumblr_cc75ab897a245494c21305c67eb45c61_38622280_500

The Jam where you make your player hungry!

The Recipe Jam is a short unranked jam where you must include a recipe. Stuff it inside a book, make the player cook it, or hide it through the text…

Share your best (or worst) dish(es)!

Constraints and Rules:

• Entries must include the recipe of a dish in some form (e.g. codex, in-story, feelies…).
  • You can use any coding program/medium, as long as the piece can be considered IF (game is interactive, with a focus on text).
  • The Jam is open to any language.
  • You can submit up to 3 entries!
  • You should aim for a 15-30min maximum gameplay.
  • Entries can have NSFW content, as long as it is indicated in your submission.
  • Entries should not include any generated AI content.
  • Spam or hateful content will be removed.

Join the Neo-Interactive Discord

16 Likes

well, for known reasons I don’t partecipate directly but because I suspect that was, uh, inspirational ? I’ll give a little complimentary gift, If I got an idea…

A note, please reword the last rule, because, well, the original meaning of spam:

actually allows legitimate entries… :smiley:

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

2 Likes

Reminds me of one of the earlier puzzles in Finding Martin!

2 Likes

For those looking for inspiration (or want to share their recipes with other), we have a thread in Off-Topic Discussion :wink:

2 Likes

hehehe I made a little silly parser

ALSO

TODAY is the last DAY TO SUBMIT!

6 Likes

The games are out!!

Come check out 11 new small games! All about food?

Note: a few entries are still in restricted view. The authors have been notified and will fix it shortly.

8 Likes