Acid Rain

cover

I am pleased to announce that ‘Acid Rain’ is now available for download from itch.io. This is one of my two entries in ParserComp 2021. It is written in Inform 6 and compiled to z-code, so needs a z-code interpreter to play. Links to some downloadable interpreters are at the bottom of the instructions.

The premise of the game is as follows (from the prologue):

"You were driving home from the Second National Conference on Acid Rain when you started getting tired. As it was late at night and you were in the middle of nowhere, you pulled over to the side of the road for a bit of shut-eye.

When you wake up, you find that it’s dark and dismal outside and raining heavily. You’d better get a move on and get the car under cover. Despite all the protective coating you’ve applied, acid rain can still make a mess of your duco."

I don’t want to reveal any more than that or it will spoil the mystery.

I had seven fantastic play testers who found some really obscure bugs and made lots of great suggestions for improvement. I’m really pleased with the end result, although I was still doing changes right up until submission time, so I hope I didn’t break anything.

‘Acid Rain’ is a puzzlefest, although I think the puzzles are relatively easy. They are very well hinted and you can find an in-game ‘hint system’ midway through the game. If you still need a hint, you could probably ask here or send me a PM.

It’s a medium-sized game, so will probably take you a couple of hours to play.

When you’ve finished playing, please rate it, then play and rate all the other entries in ParserComp. I’ve tested a few of them, so I know there are some really good games and they are all very different.

6 Likes