[a3Lite] reaction order?

I’m not 100% sure about adv3Lite’s order of messages; I manage to find something in the vast documentation, from which I manage to put together this sequencing:

actorAction()

beforeAction()
scene beforeAction()
roomBeforeAction() 
regionBeforeAction()
**THE ACTION** :
    verify()
    preCond()
    Check()
    Action()
    Report()
    Remap()
afterAction()
scene afterAction()
roomAfterAction() 
regionAfterAction()

But I’m unsure if I have draft the correct sequence (the after ones seems to me in the inverse order relative to the before order…) and is unknown, or unclear where beforeTravel(traveler, connector) and afterTravel(traveler, connector) is placed in the sequence I figured above…

Someone can confirm the correctness of the sequence above, or point to unnoticed step(s) in the turn sequence ?

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

2 Likes

I’m recalling from hazy memory but this seems to be correct.

1 Like

This sounds about right, although I distinctly remember the precond phase going before verify, but maybe that’s just my kludged up memory, I.E. it would make total sense to make sure you can match all the preconditions before you even consider verifying the action.

Precond is two phases: verifyPrecond & checkPrecond.

2 Likes

Tnx, Eric ! this double-step precond phases has escaped me…

now, barring other oversights, remain to find the correct place of the before/after Travel…

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

1 Like

I think this occurs in the Action() step, no? Travel actions cause the first half of these reactions to occur in the first location, and the final half to occur in the final location.

hmmm… Later I’ll experiment/mess around a bit with tests, the rationale of the befores is allowing the travel itself to say/object on action (hmmm… is where travelBarrier acts ? let’s look @ lib source…)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

1 Like