4x4 Galaxy post-festival release

4x4 Galaxy is now available to play on itch, with an improvement that was suggested (by more than one person) during the Thing – you can now sell star crystals by tens :slight_smile:

Thanks to everyone who played, reviewed and commented on my game!

3 Likes

Congratulations on being a best in show. I played 4x4 Galaxy more times than I’d like to admit before I finally beat it. You blended several roguelike elements together into a pretty darn enjoyable game.

1 Like

Thanks! I find it really interesting that several reviewers and commenters mentioned the roguelike feel and high difficulty level of 4x4 Galaxy. Making the game hard wasn’t really my goal (though I also didn’t try to make it easy, so…) - but I guess with all the randomization going on it’s not even possible to have a difficulty level that’s identical for all players. But I’m really happy you (and other people) enjoyed the gameplay, even with all the unexpected (and perhaps unfair) game overs!

It was a really fun game to write, and I’m already working on a gameplay sequel (set on a fantasy archipelago), where I want to include an advanced combat system, more varied activities, more quests, and many other things I didn’t manage to add to Galaxy before the SpringThing deadline. So, I most likely won’t release it before late next year - but I’m already having fun building the various little systems.

1 Like