2020 Entry Qualification Question

I intend to enter a work of IF into IF Comp this year. I have a question regarding entry qualification for the game. The idea for my game was generated by the Facebook Zilf group and the Infocom Game Jam that is currently taking place. My game is being developed with Inform 6 for Z machine play as required by the Jam rules.

This game jam appears to be a very small jam with limited entries and participation. It will mostly be judged and evaluated by a group of senior writers.

I intend to have the game beta tested prior to entry but I am hoping to also receive feedback from the game jam participants.

Would this game still qualify for entry into IF Comp after participating in this Jam?

Thank you, Jeff

From what you describe, I’d say no: IFComp games are supposed to be unreleased prior to the competition. Is this a private jam, or open to the public? Will the games submitted to this jam be publicly available to people on Facebook? (If so, that’s released.) Will you specifically be able to name every person who has a copy of your game and is providing feedback? (If not, that’s released.)

Do contact the organizers though if you have questions. The email is ifcomp@ifcomp.org

1 Like

I think you have answered my question. I thought that may be the case.

Thank you, Jeff

1 Like