18 Rooms to Home

Some of these bug fixes are on the order of “sceren” as a typo for “screen”. I’m just mentioning it in case it bombs someone’s save game.

Yeah, fwiw, I think it’s a cool part of the experience to play them as they come out. I haven’t run into any significant issues with playing any of these as-launched.

Thanks for clearing that up.

This is a valid concern. (I faced it head-on this week. Then I wrote about it, because that’s what I do.)

The scope of this project is larger than I originally realized, but I’m still firmly committed, and I expect to see this all the way through to Room 1.

Huh. I thought I’d posted something here. Well, I’m posting it now.

I found it amusing that, in order to get the best ending from room 17,

you needed to radically alter what was going to happen

…whereas to get the best ending from room 16…

you had to make sure things happened exactly as before, without creating disturbances, and the best ending is the one you’d already seen before.

It’ll be interesting to see where it goes from here:

The “easiest” way for you, the author, would be to adhere to Room 16’s method, where you carefully avoid disrupting TOO much. The other way will lead to an explosion of combinations that, from your post, you seem to be willing to tackle. Well, colour me impressed! And very curious. Do please go on! I am particularly interested in how much the iPad news coverage is hinting - walkthroughing - the fight that is probably coming in room 15, or 14.

Hey. I left an encouraging comment at your latest blog post, but it isn’t showing up. Then I remembered that a while ago you DID say comments would be disabled to encourage active discussion on the forum, that WAS you, wasn’t it? Anyway, the blog didn’t stop me from posting, it just isn’t - and presumably won’t - show my post. I just wanted to know whether you received it, or whether I should retype it here.

As a spam reduction measure, I have Sibyl Moon set so that first-time posters need their first comments approved. I didn’t make it to the site yesterday, and yours got trapped in limbo. Apologies!

And thank you very much for the kind words. :slight_smile:

Another minor typo:

[spoiler]After taking the newspaper and sitting in the back:

unfold paper
Yesenia unfolds the newspaper fully and holds it in front of her faceSince she’s sitting in the back, she only has to angle her body and raise the newspaper to hide her face entirely. That worked out well.[/spoiler]

To echo the sentiments of others: I’m really enjoying the unique story development and mechanic, and eagerly anticipating the next installment!

Good grief. On it.

(Sorry for the delay in bugfixes, everyone - Patreon launch got in the way.)

Progress update. Short version: still hard at work on Room 15, but it’s slow going. Room 14 should be faster once this one’s out.

sibylmoon.com/room-15-status-update/

18 Rooms to Home: Room 15 is now live!

Welcome to a certain previously-mentioned encounter…

Interesting new room.

Weaker on the interactivity as far as I can tell, but lots of new twists. Unless there is a third option outside of attack vs. lay low that I have missed.

What’s the best place to report bugs at?

EDIT:

Well, there is whether you use FOCUS in the fight and thus reveal yourself as the Sun Queen to The Hyacinth.

Email carolyn@sibylmoon.com or PM me.

Woo! Will play it soon