Postures

Hi All. First of all I wanted to say how much I love these forums. Everyone is so nice and helpful, makes a nice change from other forums I frequant.

Now to my question:

I’m using the “Slouching” examine to add postures to my IF.
I have a stone slab which allows lying on.
The regular description of the stone slab is “At the end of the pier, this stone slab is low and just long enough for a person to lie on. It is here that the subject will need to lie before the transference can begin.”

But if I tell an NPC to lie on the slab, then I examine the slab while she is lying on it, I get this:

[code]> examine slab
At the end of the pier, this stone slab is low and just long enough for a person to lie on. It is here that the subject will need to lie before the transference can begin.

On stone slab .

[/code]

What is that extra line? Shouldn’t it say “On stone slab is Mary”?

Posting some of your code if you could provide a small version of what you did would be helpful.

Cut and pasted the slouching example into the IDE and added the following lines:

A stone slab is supporter. The stone slab is enterable. The stone slab allows reclining. The stone slab is in the resort.

Bob is a person. Bob is in the resort.

When play begins,
	try Bob lying on the stone slab.

Then looked at the slab and at Bob and it all seemed like it worked fine. To see why your example didn’t I’d need to know how you build the NPC and slab and such.

Until just recently there was a bug in (both of) the Custom Library Messages extensions that caused games to behave like that (see [url]https://intfiction.org/t/if-archive-hugo-downloads/59/1]). If you were using one of them, that may be the issue.
Ron Newcomb promptly fixed the bug, so if that’s what messed up things for you, you should only have to install the updated version of his extension.