I7: how to implement a portable supporter?

What I am trying to understand is a method for getting around the “can’t put something on something being carried rule” for at least a certain kind or kinds of thing. Here is an ‘oversimplified’ example of the problem I’d like to solve: [code]“experimenting with a carried supporter” by Jeff

section - set up

A table is a thing. A table is a supporter.
A cheque is a thing.
A platter is a thing. A platter is a portable supporter.

section - the world

Cafe is a room. In Cafe is a table. On table is a cheque and a platter.
On the platter are two mints.

A bow tie is worn by the player.

Test me with “get platter/put cheque on platter/l/i”;[/code]When this example is run, it throws the default ‘You lack the dexterity.’ message. If you can understand what I’m trying to accomplish, would you share your wisdom with this eager student on how to make a portable supporter work? Thanks in advance.

Incidentally, I have read this topic: “The can’t put onto something being carried rule”[url]https://intfiction.org/t/the-cant-put-onto-something-being-carried-rule/1854/1] and I would prefer, if possible, to avoid duplicating much of the discussion going on there. :nerd: Thanks for cooperating with me on that.

You can unlist any (named) rule that you want to:

The can’t put onto something being carried rule is not listed in the check putting it on rulebook.

And if you want a certain check rule not to apply only under certain circumstances, you can replace it with a new rule that still refers to the original one except under those circumstances:

[code]The table is a supporter.
The cheque is a thing.
A tray is a kind of supporter. A tray is always portable.
The platter is a tray.

Cafe is a room. In Cafe is a table. On table is a cheque and a platter.
On the platter are two mints.

This is the new can’t put onto something being carried rule:
if the second noun is a tray, continue the action;
otherwise abide by the can’t put onto something being carried rule.

The new can’t put onto something being carried rule is listed instead of the can’t put onto something being carried rule in the check putting it on rulebook.

Test me with “get platter / get cheque / put cheque on platter / l / i”;[/code]

(Unlisting or replacing a rule doesn’t make it disappear; it only moves it outside the existing flowchart.)