Getting the Master's Lair to work on Windows

So I have managed to download this from the Microsoft Store (who knew there’s a Microsoft Store?) but when I click play, or try to launch it outside of the store, after a few seconds a blank white window pops up, I see the loading-circle on my curser, and then after a few seconds the window closes. I assume this is not the intended way to play the game so was curious whether anyone else had run into this or had any ideas on how to get it working? I’m running Windows 10 and don’t believe I’ve done anything especially interesting with my machine. Thanks!

7 Likes

Sorry, I can’t help, but on the general topic of “running The Master’s Lair”:

I recently also got to this one in my list. I was somewhat intimidated by the whole Windows Store explanation (me warding off evil eye). I have an android phone though, and I seem to have successfully got it running there by:

1. downloading the .apk file in the provided link
  2. transferring that file to my phone
  3. opening the .apk file and following prompts to install (which required overriding my phone’s setting at one point and declining to send it to Google for “analysis”)

I saw this game has not gotten many reviews yet, and I wondered if there were technical issues, so I did just want to report back that Android at least seems to work. But I hope someone else has Windows insight!

3 Likes

Android worked for me. Is there not a windows installer not on ms store somewhere?

1 Like

There is, and it appears to have been successfully installed; it just fails to launch (or closes immediately after launch).

I’m sorry to confirm that the version in the Windows Store has broken. Why this is the case is honestly a mystery to me, but I will find out over the weekend and fix it. Sorry to everyone who wasted their time installing it. :frowning:

8 Likes