Zork: Activision gives it some love in an unusual way!

I’m not deciding anything, it’s called common sense: if the only ones who care about IF are nostalgic old people, IF will die with them.

Languages and interpreters may come and go, but IF as a concept cannot permanently die. It occupies a sort of concentrated nexus between two disparate disciplines that people will seek to return to again and again, whether they find a community already practising there or not. And if they find (via Google, say) that experiments have been done at this nexus in the past, but sadly abandoned, then they will find it necessary to resurrect them.

Paul.

So that’s what Inform 8 code looks like?

I think it’s a cool little Easter egg.

I don’t know how that black ops thing works (I assume it’s not in the xbox version?), but 25 years after trying to write text adventures on my TRS-80 I happened to watch “Get Lamp”, so now I’m writing them again…and until I relearn basic I’m using ADRIFT. So whatever motivates people!
I have replayed old games over the years…Bedlam, Pyramid, Zork…liked Curses…but I didn’t even know about all the IF communities till last month!
Since my AGT game of 10 years ago never made it past two rooms, I’m looking forward to writing games…and hopefully for whatever reason lots of other people will too! (Even if all their first games have a LOUD room).