"You were logged out" -- why?

This most recent time when I accessed the forum, I was presented with the popup message “You were logged out” with an offer to refresh the window.
I had indeed been logged out.

Fortunately, I was able to login again with no difficulty.

Why might that have happened?
Is there a maximum login duration?
I couldn’t find any mention of “you were logged out” when I did a forum search.

I visit the forum frequently, often several times per day.

1 Like

Hmm, I don’t know. Maybe some browser quirk so that it got desynchronised in some way?

Hmm. I’m using Firefox. Like many other browsers it was updated to v109 very recently (although it’s based on Geko, not chromium). Before that update, I’d often been logged in for months at a time. This time I’d been logged in for only about 2 weeks – subsequent to having done a fresh install of Win10 Pro x64 22H2 about 3 weeks ago.

Oh, well.

I was logged out as well, I’m running Safari on Mac. Might have just been a server disconnect?

A server restart might be consistent with what’s happening.

FWIW, I didn’t have an active session at the time: the logout message happened immediately when I connected using a bookmarked URL. I’m using that same bookmark now.

It’s not just you, so more than likely some kind of internet weather anomaly. We’ll see if it happens again to us or anyone else.

1 Like

Just to let you know it happened to me as well yesterday. That was with firefox on windows, and I can’t remember the last time I logged in.

1 Like