Wolfsmoon Hints

How do you get the armour combination ?

I suspect the response is on the tapestry bu I can’t found way to put the embroidery on the wall, I try to put it on tapestry, attach it to tapestry without success, an I have the needle. Any suggestion for this one

1 Like

Aha! I’ve been looking around on the web for a walkthrough of Wolfsmoon, but this thread is even better. I haven’t unblurred any of the hints yet, but I have a feeling that I should keep this page handy while playing. (Or, before relying on hints, stop playing and let the puzzles percolate in my brain overnight, as mentioned above)

Glad to know this page exists.

2 Likes

I’m afraid I am forced to re-open this topic. I’ve been stuck for a bit too long.

Things I accomplished on my own:

Found trapdoor.

Entered church.

Got crowbar by releasing boar cub in cells.

Got mercury from barometer; dissolved silver lock. (Fun coincidence: For no practical reason whatsoever, I looked up mercury not long ago on Wikipedia so I remembered its chemical properties. Yaay, random curiosity!)

Doused fire with beer; lit broom; burned haystack.

Things I did not:

Get map(?) for caves.

Get key(?) for trapdoor.

Open mansion door. (going by the picture, I assume the “alcove” is some kind of depression in the door, into which I have to press an animal head?)

I would be grateful for gentle nudges on any of the above.

I can say that for the caves you don’t need a map. It’s really a small, small maze. It’s not even a proper maze. Try navigating it. Preferred direction: southwest.

2 Likes

I started this thread, but it’s been 18 months since I played Wolfsmoon, and I have forgotten a lot of the puzzle solutions. I’d have to replay it to help you out. Normally I’d be O.K. with that, but IFComp is going on, and I seem to be one of the few people still regularly reviewing IFComp games. Pretty much all of the free time I can devote to IF is going to that.

Still, if I can find some extra time I’ll dive back into Wolfsmoon and see what I can remember about it.

1 Like

Marco Innocenti,

Southwest in the maze. Got it. Thanks
I’m loving the artwork. Together with the terse but efficient writing, it really brings out the spooky atmosphere.

Spike,

No worries, I’ll see where the maze leads me and take it from there.

If all else fails, I’ll fall back on the IF-commandments: Read, Explore, Examine. That and having proof in this thread that the game is solvable will pull me through in the end. Have fun with IFComp, I hope you find some mindblowing games, and thanks for your time.

1 Like

Thank you Marco Innocenti. All my problems are solved now. On to the creepy house.

1 Like