Winter TADS Jam 2023 - Now Accepting Submissions

The Winter 2023 TADS Jam is now accepting submissions.

Winter 2023 TADS (and Zil) Jam - itch.io

8 Likes

I’d really love to contribute, but realistically, the chances are on the smaller end… as far as submitting a game.

2 Likes

I’ll have to look into this.

Is there a collection of TADS games to be found? With that HTMLTADS player it seems as though running them is no problem, even those that cannot run on DOSBox. I guess it’s because I liked the Unnkulia games.

2 Likes

IFDB is a good place to search (this lists all cataloged TADS games):

4 Likes

Thanks!

Interesting that some of those games are for sale on Steam- I’m going to try that with an AGT game.

Are there good instructions for using TADS anywhere?

2 Likes

I’ve linked some resources in the other thread: TADS Instructions - #2 by StJohnLimbo

2 Likes

Great news!

While trying to secure a way to purchase license keys for Bob Bates’ Thaumistry In Charms Way as a promotional item for TADS Jam. Mr. Bates donated a number of keys for the jam!!! This is a very nice gesture in support of IF and TADS in particular.

Thaumistry is an excellent example of a modern IF game produced with TADS.

Note: The Thaumistry keys are in addition to the previously announced commemorative cup for best game.

8 Likes

Glad to know we’ve got one of the great Infocommies helping to keep TADS alive, and for those about to jam, I salute you.

3 Likes

Infocommies?

I get it now, like Infocomites…

I’m very slow. :wink:

1 Like

Would have loved to see someone casually toss that one around in their Cambridge office in the mid-80’s, lol.

Now I WILL program a text game using AGT for Steam. There is a precedent after all.

Maybe it’ll be the first AGT game?

Note when I say “TADS” I usually mean the version used for the “Unnkulia” games. TADS3 seems very much like website programming with Ruby.

2 Likes

But good luck to anyone here submitting a TADS game. Let us know how it turns out.

2 Likes

The Unnkulians were written in TADS2

2 Likes