Which do you mean, your nose or Pinocchio's nose?

I got a stumping bug report for the Swedish I7 translation.
I’m sure it’s old news to other I7 translators.

The workshop is a room.
Pinocchio is a person in the workshop.
A nose is a kind of thing.
A nose is part of every person.

gives

Where the expected answers are “MY” or “PINOCCHIO’S”
And in Swedish we get:

Where the expected answers of course are the same English words as above.

I can’t find any piece of code that seems responsible for the insertion of “your” and “Pinocchio’s”, however. So, I’m not sure under what circumstances they appear or how to replace them.

Is there any good and general way to change those pieces of text? (You could do it with a for printing the name of a thing while asking which do you mean, but I’m not sure whether that would be general enough.)
And the answers expected? Do end users have to fix it piecemeal with understand statements or something?

The objects in question are actually named “your nose” and “Pinocchio’s nose,” as you can see with the showme command. This happens whenever you declare “An X is part of every Y” or something like that, I think. Not sure exactly what generates it or how Inform converts “x my nose” into examining the “your nose” object (though I suspect it’s the same way it converts “x me” into examining the “yourself” object).

I think that naming comes from low-level I6 code for naming things. Hopefully it will be fixed in a later Swedish version, but for now you’ll have to explicitly change it:

(apologies for using Google Translate)

For printing the name of a näsa: if the holder of the item described is yourself: say "din näsa"; otherwise: say "[the holder of the item described]s näsa";

You’d also have to write some Understand rules, and I think that might be beyond my ability with zero knowledge of the Swedish language and the Swedish extension…

I even suspect that this naming is done on the NI-level. Is that possible? At least, I can’t find anything in the I6 Templates that seems to explain it. And apparently there is currently no translation that addresses the issue successfully. It may all change with future builds of Inform, though.

In the apparent absence of a good solution, I suppose I shall settle for a general one: if there are any parts with offending (English) names in the game, I’ll give them an extra text property (in Swedish) to match against input.
(Hopefully the “my”->“your” conversion runs through the ordinary channels as Matt surmised.)

(By the way: Google Translator got it right this time.)