What's one positive/neutral thing that's happened today?

Settled some administrative stuff today… still taking it easy on account of being a quarter bruising, if my rough eyeballing of surface area is correct.

Excited for some stuff in the mail soon.

4 Likes

Cracked open a new notebook today and currently in the process of deciding how exactly to leave a mark on the first pages. The ink is decided (J. Herbin Bleu Océan, to match the cover) and now all that’s left is for my pretention-o-meter to settle between some favourite poetry, proverbs, or (most likely) getting too indecisive, skipping the first page entirely, and starting a fresh entry on the second.

7 Likes

I chatted with Manon about the Gothic and various IF communities and it was totally worth losing my voice over. Da is supposed to come for a visit sometime this weekend. I hope I can make the Goncharov girlies TTRPG session, but even if I can’t, that’s okay, I let them know in advance. We had tacos, and sour cream’ll be in the house again soon… We also got a new milk pitcher.

I have had a sharp, stabbing pain in the base of my skull for the entire day (unsure what it’s from but this just happens sometimes) but other than that, the pain has been generally a lot more manageable, I should be up to regular functioning soon.

I cut my hair a bit more, feathered out the ends and adjusting my bangs. Had a blue Gatorade, and a bit of a Gingerale, which was tasty and cold. Brewed a good pot of coffee.

My favourite find was this song, though, it’s so catchy, and I keep finding myself singing along to it while wandering about cleaning things up or tending to the household.

4 Likes

Participated in the Terrapin Tally today. Didn’t see any terrapins but it was a wonderful morning on the water. Lots of waterfowl in the area, some migrating to the arctic and also spotted some fish jumping. I wish I could do THIS every morning. Headed back out tomorrow!

5 Likes

Saw some beautiful fireworks circa 100 meters before my window. I have no clue why it was there but I enjoyed it.

6 Likes

I’ve re-written the Prey Survival Guide for I Am Prey, and then added an in-game version of it, both for player convenience, and in case someone is playing with a download that only included the game file (which means something has gone wrong in the future, and the in-game guide will be for redundancy insurance).

Also: I had no idea how long this would take.

I literally thought it would only take a day. I’ve been doing this for maybe 4 days now.

That was really difficult.

9 Likes

I reached a 100-day streak in Wordle, and reached it on the 700th puzzle overall.

I like round numbers.

8 Likes

Manon left me a lovely review- a more concise version on Sweetpea’s IFDB page, and a more in depth one on Tumblr. Lovely! I squeed in excitement when I saw it go live.

I also set about doing some laundry, found my sleep mask, helped my kid brother decorate his favourite stuffed animals, and blew iridescent bubbles.

Feeling a lot less awful (the acute pain and bruising is passing, which means just chronic pain to contend with) and even got to write in my diary with my new fountain pen based off short notes I had typed down. Hopefully should be able to draw again soon.

My other brother got the pet fish- he’s a lovely little boy, and I forgot how petite bettas are when they’re young. We (the baby brother and I) said hello, and he’s very curious, though not as feisty as my old boy. He’s been adorned with a new name, and is going to get some lovely live plants soon to freshen up his digs.

8 Likes

Had a heart to heart with daddy. Still a little teary, but enjoying an iced coffee and the prospect of him visiting soon.

9 Likes

My keyboard came in a day early! Time to rip into the package like a child at Christmas and delight in the joy of reading instructions for a good ten minutes after coffee and something hot to eat.

7 Likes

A meeting with my advisor has led to settling on a dissertation topic at last!

10 Likes

So, the household has come down with a case of God knows what because of the kid and the germ cesspool that schools are. At least my bed is super comfy cozy, and now with a functioning keyboard separate from my laptop, I can flop at whatever silly angle I please to type. The tactile feedback is really nice- going for the plastic encasement rather than the aluminum one like my brother has was a good idea because of it being much lighter. The slope is still a bit high to get used to floating my wrists on, but man, is it satisfying to type on- and since I can’t really do much more than type, it’s nice. Fingers crossed the bug passes soon. Mostly I just have a sore throat and I’m tired and grouchy. I’m gonna go float in the bathtub like the world’s soggiest pathetic cat for a bit and then turn in for the night, that’ll be lovely.

5 Likes

Picked up my in-laws who are visiting us for a few weeks today. It’s their first time outside of Europe, and the first time in decades they took a flight… Really exciting times ahead!

8 Likes

Is it a typing keyboard or a music keyboard? Ten minutes of instruction reading could go either way.

[tries to catch up]
oh, adjustable, laptop…ooh mechanical?

4 Likes

I did today’s Cell Tower daily word-search puzzle in under two minutes: 1:49! And then I realized that I missed one 9 days ago and that one took 2:02. I feel like I’m getting pretty darn good at this. I’ve been between two and three minutes for the last bunch of them, and usually under 2:30.

I was curious about other people doing it so I went on YouTube, and… yeah. I skimmed through and grabbed 5 or 6 past puzzles that people said they were doing because they seemed to be hard for most people, and they were harder but the worst one took me 4:49 and the rest were all sub-3:30. :tada:

5 Likes

I took an evening off work just because I decided I was due for cooking dinner for myself without worrying how long it takes, a soak in a hot epsom salt bath, and several naps.

Plus I like watching the sun go down occasionally.

7 Likes

I picked up a trailer load of pine firewood to use in my pizza oven!

Also, our drinking water is so clean that the kettle superheats on the fire and then suddenly squeals like a demon, which is terrifying, but nice to know the water is clean.

5 Likes

Such a good day. I sold a very expensive piece of art, had a great massage, it rained, and a 4-foot black rat snake chilled out on my porch with me while the rainstorm passed over us. I did ultimately have to shoo him off the porch with a broom, which upset him terribly, but I had to let the dog out sometime and as I explained to him, he does have a huge amount of land that isn’t our porch to frolic in, and we really only ask that he stay out of the fenced dog yard. He didn’t seem to think that was a reasonable request and bit the broom many times, but I decided not to take it personally.

13 Likes

Sharing good times with friends! :smile:

He probably didn’t want the moment to end, lol.

4 Likes

Honestly, I didn’t, either. He was a very relaxed snake until I got the broom out. He’s a good neighbor who eats a lot of vermin, so I hate to be on bad terms with him, but, y’know, dogs and snakes don’t mix.

The only thing I don’t like about them is that they climb trees and steal eggs out of nests. They’ll shed their skins in the trees so that snakeskin hangs from the branches. It’s totally rad.

4 Likes