What's one positive/neutral thing that's happened today?

Ugh. The lancing pain keeps waking me up, and my leg keeps spasming in jerky movements from how tense my muscles are from said pain. Going to crack into a combination of anti histamines and pain medication, I think. The swelling has gotten substantially worse, as has the burning sensation. At least I’ve the medications on hand to address it, so there’s a silver lining. And it hasn’t aggravated my bleeding inside of my knee joint or ankle joint too badly, despite the spasmodic kicking and thrashing involuntarily.

3 Likes

Also I finally found the damn antibiotic ointment for an infected cut I inexplicably woke up with. It’s a fairly shallow wound, but painful, so hopefully that clears up soon. Thank goodness for modern medicine. Imagine being a medieval peasant and succumbing to a paper cut through sepsis, or something.

4 Likes

Just dyed my hair. Love the smell of hair dye!

(These days, anyway - it used to smell a bit more toxic when I started using it as a teenager.)

5 Likes

Would medieval peasants even have access to paper that could give them paper cuts? But yeah, even living in a country whose health care system is arguably dead last in the developed world and health care is too damn expensive most of the time, thank Snow, Jenner, and Fleming for modern medicine.

And on the note of finding cheap alternatives to health care, the over the counter eye wipes I bought continue to do wonders for my left eye. How much I’m sweating from the heat still isn’t doing my eye any favors, and it’s still more easily irritated than my right, but it’s much better than it’s been in a long time and I can actually blink rapidly without it feeling like something sharp is being skimmed over my eyeball.

Also, I have some fruit variety cheesecake to sample after I enjoy my lunch of italian herb shrimp(sadly, just shrimp flavored bouillon, though I’m sure adding actual shrimp to my pasta would be delicious) rotini and beans.

Also, bad for my wallet, but two of my favorite dice makers are currently running Kickstarters: Black Oak Workshop for a halloween themed series in their Kitty Klack line, and Gatekeeper Games for round three of their Mystery Dice(currently up to 40 sets and 3 Weirdest stuff last I checked).

4 Likes

Paper didn’t really reach Europe in earnest until the Renaissance; parchment probably would be stiff enough to cut but I doubt the average peasant would be frequently around any of it. Fortunately they’d have plenty of farming tools to scratch themselves with, though!

3 Likes

Unfortunately, it looks like I’m going to get a weirdly placed scar. On the bright side, it’s so faintly ridiculous that it’s kind of funny. Looks a bit like a jelly bean. Turns out the shallow scrape was hiding a puncture wound, and the raging infection does explain my fever and general malaise, paired with the blood loss I’ve been dealing with from my knee joint tearing open again. I put a nice sturdy bandaid on top of it with the antibiotic cream and a dab of a topical pain relief, and monitoring it to make sure there’s no ominous red veining or spread, and so far, it looks good!

Being familiar with my skin though, and how it reacts to injuries, I’m probably gonna get a weird ass placed scar because my skin tends to undergo hyperpigmentation. But hey, jelly bean, beanie baby, that’s fun. I have a very cute little calico kitten beanie baby that’s one of my prized possessions, so we match! Unfortunately, my mosquito bites have begun to bruise, so I now have about slightly larger than a toonie marks on my legs, but that means that hopefully the itching will fade soonish…

3 Likes

My cheap nail polish (got it from the dollar store in the nicer side of town) has held up amazingly. It’s a no UV light cure required pseudo gel, and it’s withstood the trials of scrubbing showers, doing the dishes, futzing around with fountain pens and trying to deinkify myself, and held up very well. I imagine it will be a bit of a nightmare to take off, but it’s got staying power for sure, and it’s nice to be able to take longer in between needing to redo my nails, which was a 3-5 day task before.

2 Likes

Cuts from thick wood splinters are possible, and painful. I’ve had a nasty cut from a blade of grass before, so that’s also a thing that can happen, apparently.

Edit: Positive or neutral, yeah. Um, I didn’t get any of those cuts today?

3 Likes

Spent a ridiculous amount of time making a house for my OCs. It is so hard! So much more admiration for Sims builders, now.

5 Likes

Now I got why Sophia isn’t into parser IF… :slight_smile:
Anyway, nice house model !!

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

4 Likes

Nice wander in a city I’ve not visited for a while.

5 Likes

Something quite a lot sketchier than usual, but I had fun drawing Andrey and Winnie. :3

5 Likes

A music CD I had ordered arrived today: AC/DC Live 1992. All songs on it rock!

6 Likes

Now that’s some slow shipping!

6 Likes

@pinkunz helped me stay awake for most of the day by joining me in an absolutely cursed physics/math thought experiment regarding what could possibly be known as the most obnoxious train of all time, lmao.

10/10

We got really close to cracking proper ballpark numbers (well, I think he got the ballpark numbers; I was going for a proper formula because I’m neurotic).

Not sure where I went wrong; too tired to figure it out. It’ll be a puzzle to finish another day. :sparkles:

7 Likes

Nice quiet afternoon before a busy day tomorrow.

3 Likes

It’s currently raining, so hopefully things will cool off a bit this afternoon.

Also, the dozen-and-a-half of eggs I had delivered to day arrived without any obvious breakage… Walmart will refund me the price of the whole carton for even one broken egg, no questions asked and no need for returns, and the cracked eggs I get are often still in-tact enough to be used, but broken eggs are still annoying, and I prefer my eggs properly boiled to the half-poached results I get when the shell is cracked but the membrane is intact, resulting in the egg splitting as it cooks). Also, restocked Chia seeds today and they were significantly cheaper than the last time I bought some… On the downside, they came in one of those resealable plastic bags with the rip off seal that can really only be trashed when the last batch came in a plastic jar that could be repurposed for something else. Fortunately, I was planning to pour the seeds into a glass pickle jar for storage anyways.

4 Likes

Temperature has changed the last days between 34 and 15 degrees Celsius! But today was and is middle warm, which is perfect. (Around 20 degrees Celsius, I think).

It’s always a bit bad and banal to be pleased based on other people’s misfortune. But it IS good that the two little tornadoes(!) who were only circa 20 kilometers away, didn’t hit my city :slight_smile:

3 Likes

On the positive side, for the first time in months, I’ve had time to sit down and play some games over the last 24+ hours.

On the negative side, I’m completely stuck on Starcross.

2 Likes

It was a long drive, but I got to see a friend today.

4 Likes