What's one positive/neutral thing that's happened today?

A newphew!

7 Likes

Work task I thought was going to be tough is nowhere near as bad as expected. Might be able to finish early again :tada:

4 Likes

Had a spree of getting things done yesterday, instead of coding or revision. It felt good to get it all out of the way.

3 Likes

Taught my mom how to play Deep Rock Galactic. She loves watching people play it and decided she wanted to get in on the action, too. :grin:

8 Likes

I made my first-ever Ren’Py game for the Really Bad IF jam! It is, indeed, very bad, but it provided a chill, low-pressure excuse for me to finally try out Ren’Py (and the foundation to hopefully make an actually-decent game with it in the future).

7 Likes

I was listening to one of the horror essayists I really like, but had lost track of- and was delighted to find a random mention of interactive fiction- the developer made a couple of games with Twine, and her style seems super in line with Porpentine’s work- horror, hornets, glyphs- it was neat to stumble across a mention of the community I’m a part of. :3

Edit: Did some curious googling and found out her Wikipedia page quotes her being inspired by Porpentine. Amused by having called it before having it confirmed.

4 Likes

I just got Retro Gaming with Raspberry Pi 3rd edition, and on page 106 and 108, there’s a mention of Inform.

Very brief mention, but it’s there!

7 Likes

My husband brought back some rocky road for us from a work event yesterday and forgot about it, so now it’s today’s snack.

8 Likes

A very entertaining day, today…
I also made tons of progress on my Locus Jam entry (I think I’ll add it to the Really Bad IF too, just because :stuck_out_tongue: ), in binksi. Get to practice my terrible pixel art skills in a 16x16 format.
Also brownies… I made some on Sunday and there is still a box-full left :partying_face:

6 Likes

I was plugging away on my Inform WIP and I got the dreaded “Something bad happened but Inform doesn’t know what it is” screen, which means I had done something wonky in the last TWO HOURS of zinging around the code tweaking and fixing things.

So I spent two hours looking for it by commenting out everything I could (which was challenging because this is a big project) and then adding things back in one at a time.

And the culprit was a “say ‘X’” line that I had written as “say say ‘X.’” FFS. I couldn’t even see the double “say” for like 20 minutes even after I identified the problem area. All that stress and work for a brain fart causing a repeated word.

The positive thing is that I found it, and I uttered a primal scream as I erased that extra “say,” which felt good.

Also, it rained today, which is almost always a good thing here.

13 Likes

This is a whole mood.

5 Likes

The weather’s steadily warming up, which is no good- but I’ll have the house to myself this weekend, and in the meantime, it’s the perfect weather to enjoy a hot coffee and then finish off with a bowl of matcha icecream. Technological marvels of temperature!

9 Likes

Up super early to get everything done before the weekend!

8 Likes

Going through several new games and found some new favorites. Amazing two weeks for indie games.

7 Likes

I have an early morning rehearsal tomorrow (Saturday)! That is positive because I get to spend time with friends…

7 Likes

I always go for Blue Bell, most any flavor will do but my favorite is the Great Divide. :wink:

I have made a lot of progress on my BIG Tads game. So far, I’m close to 50 rooms. They have been mapped in Trizbort and lined up in Tads. So far, I have eight source files to help keep things organized. I keep track of narrative and research with Scrivener.

5 Likes

Partner got access to my library of games and started playing puzzle games I’m into. Waiting for them to try out Void Stranger and Bonfire Peaks!

6 Likes

So, as some of you might be aware- someone attempted to doxx me last night. (That is evidently, bad news.) The good news is that it wasn’t dismissed out of hand by the people I reported it to. I’m glad I listened to the meowmeows encouraging me to report it, as I’d been waffling on whether or not to.

10 Likes

Terrific little piece of sponge cake for dessert, after sushi and a teriyaki chicken with steamed vegetables and sesame seed rice bowl.

6 Likes

I’m in for the steamed vegetables.

3 Likes