What's one positive/neutral thing that's happened today?

Discovered this at CCC:

2 Likes

Oh, that looks fantastic! I wish they showed more than one card image. I can think of a few people who’d treasure this as a gift.

1 Like

I’ve been at an art fair every day for a week dressing nicely and smiling cheerfully and chatting civilly, and now it is finished and I am going to get in rumpled PJs, watch some TV, and get tipsy. I got through the entire week without being aggravatedly weird to anyone, and that is a major achievement.

10 Likes

Now that I am back in my region, I got to eat my fav food :smiley: Pissaladière, Socca, Farçis, Ganges

6 Likes

I got off work at 1am last night and casually opened YouTube to unwind before bed and realized I had forgotten Glass Onion released on the 23rd on Netflix! I resigned that I wasn’t going to bed for another three hours, made some quick popcorn and enjoyed impromptu late-movie night!

Great follow up. Not quite as intricate as Knives Out but a gorgeous funny whodunnit that plays fair and has a lot of fun with lampshading, subversion, and Chekhov’s Gun, gleefully showing clues you’ll miss in plain sight. You’ll want to watch a second time with foreknowledge of what’s actually happening. I genuinely gasped out loud at least three times: Two of those were the same moment repeated with the same dialogue.

5 Likes

Went swimming in the hotel pool. Realized it had been years, like well over 5, since I had gone swimming. It was nice. Had the place to myself.

Turns out there aren’t too many people vacationing in Northern Michigan on Christmas Eve during a blizzard. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I helped peel apart the pastry sheets for making springrolls and something about that is deeply satisfying to the sicko part of my brain that loves peeling skin, credit card glue, and stickers. Also, woke up to a batch of delicious mashed potatoes… One of the best parts of Christmas is for sure the food.

ETA: Just have been gifted three tiny springrolls fresh from the fryer. Hell. Yes.

8 Likes

We live in southeast Texas. This area is not prepared for sub freezing temperatures. We have been into the teens for the last several nights and expect a couple more days in this frigid time. :frowning:

We lost internet service on the first day of freezing temps. Our water pipes run through the attic and are unprotected. After a water pipe breakage during the last big freeze, we have to drain the pipes to protect them. No water in the house!

We have lost power a couple of times since they have to send our real power to the places in Texas that has “green” energy.

This afternoon is the first time in several days that we have power, internet and water all at the same time.

Wahoo!

PS. My daughter in north Alabama is having the same problem, rolling brownouts ever two hours!

Where is all of the electricity for the EVs they are forcing on everyone going to come from when they can’t produce enough for winter days as it is?

8 Likes

I wish you all a Merry Christmas!

Found a mysterious huge red sock under our tree… Loaded with packages :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers

6 Likes

I caught a peek of Santa Claus. I don’t think he saw me, but I certainly saw him.

Merry Christmas everyone. :santa:

9 Likes

I am not super good at icing, but who cares when it looks like snow? Also, my Christmas cake has turned out delicious. Have a lovely day all!

12 Likes

Spending Solstice weekend in a small house on the slope of Kemmel hill.
Had Flemish rabbit stew with brown-beer-and-dried-prunes-sauce and took a nap with my two nephews (2 and 4) and my son (9) piled on top of me.

Lovely!

10 Likes

That looks wonderful!!!

2 Likes

Oh, that looks fabulous. I’m making a lemon spice cake later because that’s my Mom’s favorite. I normally make a before-dinner cake and an after-dinner cake, because that’s how civilized people do it, but there are only 3 of us for this Christmas dinner and (I can’t believe I’m saying this) that would just be too dang much cake for so few people.

6 Likes

My wife and son are now cooking our Christmas morning traditional breakfast: “supergrits”. Grits with loads of milk, cheese, and bacon. Yum!

And yes, grits are delicious!

6 Likes

Grits are good anyway you can get them.

2 Likes

Candlelight dinner and sing-alongs!

2 Likes

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! And to anyone who doesn’t particularly celebrate this time of year: then I hope you have a rocking Sunday.

I just remembered I had a tiny chocolate bar I was saving to eat once I felt well enough to. Going to tear into that like a rabid little animal while I put on a pot of water to boil for coffee. Cheers!

8 Likes

My wife gave me a receipt from the kickstarter for 50 Years of Text Games!

6 Likes

Apple pie and ice cream tonight!

5 Likes