What's one positive/neutral thing that's happened today?

Love the pomegranate! Looks really good.

9 Likes

I love pomegranates but they are so hard to eat.

I hope you are doing better!!!

5 Likes

a REALLY positive one:

Today I have started the fleshing out of a late middle game region of my major WIP, and I was surprised and amazed of how easy and flowing was writing from the mid-late game PC perspective (for who don’t know, the work is unusual in having a PC whose perspective gradually changes along the story).

This, I think that show the power of a careful, well laid-out story & character planning.

for the record, this is today’s evolution of my WIP:

~/if/wrk/tads3/isekai$ ls -l isekai.t3
-rw-r--r-- 1 pigi pigi 1998763  3 feb 10.05 isekai.t3
-rw-r--r-- 1 pigi pigi 2008604  4 feb 16.29 isekai.t3
-rw-r--r-- 1 pigi pigi 2009153  4 feb 16.44 isekai.t3
-rw-r--r-- 1 pigi pigi 2012341  4 feb 19.10 isekai.t3
-rw-r--r-- 1 pigi pigi 2015107  4 feb 22.31 isekai.t3
-rw-r--r-- 1 pigi pigi 2017605  5 feb 00.15 isekai.t3
-rw-r--r-- 1 pigi pigi 2019132  5 feb 00.53 isekai.t3

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

10 Likes

I had wanted to update one of my projects before the weekend was over, since it was just a matter of a quick comb through for any glaring typos and putting it all into Twine- and figured out how to make that step, which is probably the second worst part, after transcribing the raw text from my notebook, slightly easier on myself. (Putting in the text and making the links should, apparently, be separate steps for my brain to gel with it.) At any rate, I got that done, which I’m very pleased about.

Still in poor health, but on the mend. And cold medicine and coffee are a potent combination. Even got some starters out for Jinx- only half of what I’d noted down as potential ones for us to play around in a new universe/scenario with, but it was fun to tippy tap out those. And the sweet anticipation of seeing her replies is a treat in of itself.

Also, had a call with Pinkz the other night, and it was nice to be able to help out, but also just to hear his voice. Scrungkliemeowmeow. Manon was very sweet this morning. The campmeows have all been kind of going through the wringer lately, but hopefully this week is gentler to all of us. Got some good news from Arlo and Zed, also. Yay!

And, spaghetti for dinner. (For breakfast and lunch tomorrow too, possibly dinner, we’ll have to see how much is left over by then. Looking forward to it.)

9 Likes

Fixed a game bug which had me bothered, but it looks like now multiple commands on the same line (GET JUMPER. THROW IT) is working now! Only to be replaced by yet another bug where the AP (unexplained what that is on purpose) may command that should work, but it doesn’t, and it will go on for infinity trying to correct itself. :upside_down_face::ok_hand:

4 Likes

Welcome to Hellwaters has officially started development, I guess.

What I'm working on

Plenty of items have yet to be implemented, I’m just posting to check if I’m doing stuff right, since this is my first attempt at doing something in the parser format.

7 Likes

:muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle:
go-for-it-you-can-do-it

7 Likes

@RockmanX Your project start looks good to me.

4 Likes

Just got home from a long weekend in Dallas with my Aunt. Nice little road trip there and back, and while I was there we went to lots of art galleries and studios, ate tons of great food, and my cousin’s Great Dane bit me. It turned out OK because my cousin whacked him before he could do too much damage and I just have a hole in the back of my hand. I gather others have not been as lucky. People have some serious blind spots when it comes to their pets. I feel lucky to have a dog whose major sins are coprophagia and excessive drool.

11 Likes

Today was rough. I did get to see a cute pigeon and share photos with friends, though. I also sat down and decorated my writing notebook with more stickers, and got some cute Cinnamonroll ones on there that I’m especially fond of, alongside some more general Victoriana ones- put in a few references to Jinx and I’s characters. We had a talk last night that’s been coalescing some more of the wispier thoughts I’ve had percolating in the background for my jam game…

My health is uh, well, better in some regards, and much worse in others. (I’ve sprained my ankle, I’m pretty sure. It is fairly mild, (in that the persistent pain from it is tolerable, but it is unreliable for bearing my weight and will randomly give out from underneath me, and is painful even when not bearing weight) but will be difficult to get through my lab… Lots of rest this weekend. Perhaps painkillers in my immediate future.)

Learned something interesting that kind of put into context a lot of what I’ve been experiencing, and it’s nice when things click into focus like that. And we have some new cookies (gingersnap with salted caramel in the middle, and creme filling), and some other junk-y food (chocolate chip muffins and some sour cream and onion chips.) And strawberry-milk Lucky Candy because of the New Years… And Spring Break is soon.

Oh, and I gave Hazel some baking advice. Hazel was very sweet, as always.

6 Likes

I finished the Evolution story in Fallen London recently, and have been picking away at the Feast of the Rose seasonal celebration activities. Zed was very generous and gave me a bunch of the in game items, the crowning glory of which is a very Lovingly Beribboned Kitten, which is described as:

In the lands beyond mirrors, it is a panther cub, and the ribbon sits awkwardly upon its back.

It is adorable. I love it. I have a bunch of cute cats in game, and while my Grubby Kitten named Hezekiah, (Zeke, who has become one of my main side characters in writing with Jinx), is still the mantlepiece item on my profile, I very much so cherish this cute lil scamp.

5 Likes

Got some writing done riiight before bed. Left off in a good spot to continue tomorrow.l

8 Likes

Chinese New Year is three days away.

I moved house a couple of months ago. As a result, alas, this year our family is not having our traditional steamboat/hotpot reunion dinner.

So, this being too late for Recipe Jam, here is the proof of concept of ‘Reunion Dinner’:

Reunion Dinner

x fishballs
The fishballs are white, round and large. They smell … a little fishy.
put fishballs into pot
You put some fishballs into the pot.
x broccoli
The broccoli was bought by your mother last week at the neighbourhood supermarket. It’s turning a little yellow now …
put broccoli into pot
You put some of the broccoli into the pot.

eat steamboat
You scoop a little of the mixture into your bowl, and take a spoonful. It tastes delicious, the taste of home! You have a little chit-chat with your family members, and
You have successfully enjoyed your reunion dinner!
Would you want to UNDO, RESTART, QUIT, or see something AMUSING?
amusing
Have you tried… using XYZZY?

xyzzy
“Seriously? You’d probably expect something to eat here, but there isn’t. So there.”

7 Likes

TIL that my cordless water-pik device is also an excellent stealth method to snipe bad kitties from across the room. :pouting_cat::shower: :ninja:

10 Likes

Awwww…

Snipping kitties?

2 Likes

Transcribed about 2.5k words from my notebook. Did not want to particularly do it, but it is satisfying to have the rough draft copied over. A light pass of editing, and then I’ll sit down and implement it into Twine some time soon…

Edit: Wrote seven more pages, having just transcribed eleven. I certainly keep myself busy.

7 Likes

It actually feels really good to fall in love with writing again. I really missed that quiet joy, of being able to sit down and write by myself and feel good about what I’ve accomplished- and enjoying the magic of seeing where the words take me. I haven’t really felt this happy, in terms of making myself happy, in awhile. It’s really nice.

16 Likes

I found a video game that Tom will play. He won’t play IF (even mine-- he’ll only read through a transcript). He won’t play anything stressful, with a time limit, or that requires fast fingers even remotely. He doesn’t like games with any kind of narrative he has to follow. He will only play chill games with bright colors or pretty graphics and puzzle-solving elements. I found Dissembler, which is from 2018 but I missed it until now, and he’s happily playing it. It’s really fun and low-key and can be quite challenging.

8 Likes

I worked for like 6 hours on sewing a vest for a costume last night (after many more hours on other days cutting out pattern pieces, altering, cutting the actual fabric, etc…) and was despondent that it didn’t fit, tossing and turning when I finally went to bed thinking about all the time I wasted because I altered the pattern wrong.

However, this morning I showed my husband and he said that it’s just that it’s a men’s vest pattern! I scaled it down correctly for someone of my stature and thinness, but I didn’t account for the fact that androgenic people generally have broader shoulders and narrower hips than estrogenic people, which is why the back was too wide at the top and too narrow at the bottom.

This is a relatively easily fixable problem, I think I just need to make a dart to alter the back of the neck (and the hips aren’t too egregious so I’m just gonna leave them)! It won’t be as pretty as the original seamless pattern, but it will be a LOT better than scrapping the whole thing.

13 Likes

Argh, I sympathize. I’m 6 feet tall, so I always have to alter patterns, and I’ve wasted a lot of time and nice fabric doing it wrong. The solution is to mock everything up in cheap fabric first, but I’m too impatient for that.

6 Likes