Were the Mayans really WRONG? - Andromeda Legacy Comp 20

So we have THREE authors this year!

Please, say happy writing to

Joey Jones, thruthcraze (aka Jim Warrenfeltz) and Andrew Shultz!

It sounds like we are in good hands this edition too.
Let’s see if these three good fellas will be as good as Paul and Joey were one year ago.

While we are at it, let it be known that we already have TWO judges: Wade severedhand Clarke and Paul bainespal Lee!
If you want to be a judge for the comp, no need to wait! PM me and I will set things up.

Last but by far not least: thanks to Zack Urlocker for the offered additional PRIZE.
To everybody: if you want to donate, feel free. There’s always a spot vacant for people’s generosity!

So… Let the tournament begin. And may the Apocalypse shine on you all!

Happy writing! I can’t wait to see what you can add to this awesome science fiction universe. I believe that this is the best SFF universe to ever have originated in interactive fiction. Here, at last, is a story-universe with the potential to carry our legends and songs, where we can live and breathe and dream, native to the IF community. This is something very special and magical.

All fine among the authors, out there?
Is everything going smoothly?

[emote]:)[/emote]

We’ve actually, like, emailed each other a few times and stuff. With, like, ideas.

But the problem is, we don’t want to give any spoilers. Or I don’t, and I don’t want to be on the hot seat for spoiling someone else’s story.

I think our buckets are filling up with details, though.

That’s what I wanted to hear!

THE DOOMSDAY CLOCK IS TICKING!

are you ready? [emote]:)[/emote]

Uh… to a given definition of ‘ready’…

COUGHS LOUDLY

(50 minutes to deadline)

50! I thought is was an hour and fifty!

You are right.

Anyway: you sound like some of my students. They have 6 months to accomplish something but on exam day they go like “sorry, professor. YESTERDAY was a busy day…” [emote]:P[/emote]

Is there a prize for beating the deadline by the greatest margin?

[emote]:)[/emote]

The deadline is over and we received two games out of three.

Let the judgement begin!

So are the games that made it going to be public before July 31? If so, where? Is the blog still A Thing? I think there’s sufficient interest in quick post-comp releases (including the game that didn’t make it) so I thought I’d throw these questions out there.

The blog is not a thing anymore. A couple of posts a year is not enough to keep a ball rolling [emote]:)[/emote]

The games MAY go public before the deadline by popular demand!

I am popular, and I demand it. [emote]:D[/emote]

But what if the tone of your demand consequently makes you unpopular? [emote]:)[/emote]

Crap, I didn’t think of that. [emote]:oops:[/emote]

As I’m currently working on a postcomp version for general release, I’d appreciate leaving off releasing the games before the end of the judging period, but it’s not my call.