Vorple troubleshooting

this may be stupid, but i have downloaded Vorple for Inform 7, and when i tried to test it on the Onyx sample project, this is what shows up in the console.

it seems that the “interpreter” folder is missing a bunch of css and js files. the folder only contains the “Onyx.gblorb.js” file. and it seems that Vorple uses jQuery, but that file is missing too, hence the “$ is not defined” message?

i just did this today so the version is probably correct. does anyone know why these files are missing and how this issue may be fixed?

2 Likes

Vorple has two parts: an extension that goes in the extensions folder and a template that goes in the template folder. It sounds to me like you may not have the template files on the template folder (which is located either high up at the same level as “projects” or in the material folders for Onux; both options should work). I might be wrong though, but the template is how JavaScript gets added to your game.

1 Like

i do have the “templates/Vorple” folder, and it looks exactly the same as it does on GitHub, with only one file, “(manifest).txt” in it

1 Like

i think i still need help here…

1 Like

I wrote up some step-by-step instructions a while ago, which should still hold true for the current versions of Inform7 and Vorple, I think: This is dumb, but how do I install Vorple? - #2 by StJohnLimbo

1 Like

Thank you. I had actually necro’d that very topic some time ago and was looking through my bookmarks trying to find the very post you just posted so I could share it here. Didn’t get Vorple to function before reading this post; thanks again for writing it.

1 Like

ah, thank you! i got it running

2 Likes