Victor's IF Comp 2026 reviews

Skeletrom Crew On The Loose!

Perfect game to end the day with. Five paths, all to some extent silly, but silly in different ways. But more important – more important than silly – is that they are all energetic, creative, fun. My favourite bit was dancing in the disco. But Kyle was good too. It was all good. It’s what a very, very, very drunk James Joyce could have written on All Hallows E’en. That’s praise, obviously.

The dogs part reminded my of a famous Dutch poem that I just have to share:

Spleen (Godfried Bomans)

Ik zit mij voor het vensterglas
onnoemlijk te vervelen.
Ik wou dat ik twee hondjes was,
dan kon ik samen spelen.

My translation

I’m sitting at the window
bored by the rainy weather
I wish I were two dogs
so I could play together

(French ‘spleen’, a title used by Baudelaire for some of his poems, indicating deep existential boredom, happens to be an anagram of Dutch ‘spelen’, to play.)

9 Likes