Values attached to objects screwing up

Hi guys, I’m having a problem with comparing values attached to objects. Apparently if you phrase it like this:

[code]ObjectType is a kind of value. The ObjectType are flammable, nonflammable, extinguishable, and dousing agent. Every thing has an ObjectType.

If the X of the Potion is the X of the Wood:[/code]

The game will always pick the first thing on the list and decide that the potion is like the Wood, even when it isn’t, which is really frustrating because I can call the ObjectType of objects and see that they are different. I’ve had this problem before with other values, but never with ones attached to objects. I’ve also tried:

A thing can be X, Y, or Z.

Which breaks tables referring to X, Y, or Z. And I’ve tried:

[code]ObjectType is a kind of value. The ObjectType are flammable, nonflammable, extinguishable, and dousing agent.

The current ObjectType is a ObjectType that varies.
Every thing has an current ObjectType.[/code]

So is “X” here the actual value you’re using? Or did you redact the code you posted? You should be talking about “the ObjectType of the Potion” if that’s what you named your variable.

I did simplify it a lot, but X here was just supposed to be a variable.

Can you post your actual code? Or at least a minimal example which reproduces the problem?

Ok, here you go:

[code]ObjectType is a kind of value. The ObjectType are flammable, nonflammable, extinguishable, and dousing agent. Every PlotCoupon has a ObjectType. The ObjectType of a PlotCoupon is nonflammable. Every thing has a ObjectType. Every region has a ObjectType. [That last one is to stop an error I can’t trace]

If the ObjectType of the Potion is the ObjectType of the Wood:[/code]

say "The potion is [objecttype of the potion]; the wood is [objecttype of the wood]; [if the objecttype of the potion is the objecttype of the wood]same[else]different[end if].";

To help you pinpoint the error more?

It seems to be printing the correct values and I can change them to whatever I want and still have it work. I only noticed the problem because I tried to compare the values of two objects, so maybe it’s that?

I found an example of the negative condition in the recipe book. §5.6. Viewpoint / The Crane’s Leg 1 example

... To say comparison with ideal: let the sample be the ideal of the noun; if the sample is not a thing: say "Perfectly conforming to your expectations of its type."; rule succeeds; if the material of the noun is not the material of the sample: if the height of the noun is not the height of the sample: if the noun is shorter than the sample, say "Unusually short at [height of the noun], and made of [material of the noun]."; otherwise say "Unusually tall at [height of the noun], and made of [material of the noun]."; otherwise: say "Distinct mostly in being made of [material of the noun]."; otherwise: if the height of the noun is not the height of the sample: if the noun is shorter than the sample, say "Unusually short at [height of the noun]."; otherwise say "Unusually tall at [height of the noun]."; otherwise: say "In every respect [a sample]." ...