Using mobile devices to create IF

I agree. When I first got my Mac, one of the first programs I installed was I7. I was surprised how easy it was to use, compared to the Windows and Linux versions. There should definitely be a version of I7 for iOS… but I don’t think Apple would allow it into the app store (well, at least, not from what I’ve heard about Apple’s app store guidelines).
There was a version of I7 for android, but I don’t think it ever got past the beta stage. I could be wrong, though.

Well, I’m not so sure about that. There are several other (programming)-apps that let you write code and execute it on the iPad directly.

Jens

I’ve never heard of an app like that.
Well, you know what they say…
“There’s an app for that.”

Especially Lowrescoder is a lot of fun, if you’re into 8bit-retro-stuff and have fun to write some simple code it’s worth to take a look.

Jens

I’m still using the rather crippled Beta of Inform 7 on the Android Xoom tablet. One of the features of the crippled version is that it outputs z8 game files, and I now have to comment out completed sections of my game during development because I’ve broken the size limit on z8. Inconvenient, but workable - I’ll be able to do the final build/test on PC.

Is anyone actually working on a new Android version? Back in 2015, I offered to help the original creator of the beta android version complete the job, as I have some android dev experience and many years coding & debugging experience but I never heard back from them.

The more versatile is anything that runs on a browser:

Yes cibersheep, I’m aware of that, but I spend so much time in areas without proper wifi that it’d be nice to have an android IDE for I7. I’m almost ready to build one myself!

Ah, sorry I think I misunderstood the question. I thought it was about games, because any of those can be used offline (cordova is a great tool to achieve that) but if you’re looking for an IDE that’s another conversation.
I only know tools for Ubuntu Touch (on the tablet you can use gedit and uWriter) but on Android or iOS I don’t know.
So, if you’re ready to make your own: You have my respect… go for it! :slight_smile:

Hi!

It is a bit late but maybe somebody will find it useful.

I am working on the app for creating interactive stories on mobile devices without coding. The app is called Novello. It will be great to hear any feedback about it.

Links to download it for free:
App Store
Google Play

Thanks. I’m going to check it out.