Using Harlowe in Twine, my page text appears half way down my screen

When ever I play my twine story, the text starts from the center of the screen? is there a way to set it towards the top of the screen (with a buffer perhaps?)
Most of my pages have a few lines of code at the top of the passages but is this taken into consideration for page layout? And if so is there a way for twine to ignore this for page display purposes?
Thanks

Welcome Tymotzues,

Without a look at your code it’s difficult to say, though the first thing that springs to my mind is that you probably have many lines at the start of your passage that produces nothing but a break (the likes of (set:)). You might considere to enclose all these lines in a (collapse:).

Yeah, if you have a bunch of code at the start of your passages you probably want to wrap it in { ... }: the markup for collapsing whitespace

@Tymotzues
Both @souppilouliouma and @JoshGrams have explained that any line-breaks that you are using to format any macro calls you use at the start of a Passage’s content…

(set: $number to 22)
(if: $sting is "value")[...do something...]
The 1st line of textual content for this Passage...

…or even such macro calls later on within a Passage…

Textual content of this Passage...
(if: $sting is "value")[
...do something...
]
(else:)[
...do something else...
]
More textual content of this Passage...

…will be automatically converted into HTML line-break <br> elements when that Passage is later visited by the end-user. And that you can use collapsing whitespace markup to suppress any such unwanted line-breaks within the page shown to the end-user.

{
	(set: $number to 22)
	(if: $sting is "value")[...do something...]
}
The 1st line of textual content for this Passage...

Textual content of this Passage...
{
(if: $sting is "value")[
...do something...
]
(else:)[
...do something else...
]
}
More textual content of this Passage...

You can also use CSS within your project’s Story Stylesheet area to suppress visual output being added to the page in other specific situations. Such as any that is generated by your project’s startup tagged Passage, in which you should be initialising the Story Variables you’re using with your project.
eg. initialising variables for project in startup tagged Passage

(set: $counter to 0)
(set: $day to 1)
(set: $name to "Jane Smith")

…the CSS rule to use to suppress all visual output of that startup tagged Passage…

tw-include[type="startup"] {
	display: none; 
}

Thanks Everyone - I’ll give all that a try and see how I go - appreciate the quick response

Thanks - fixed it - the CSS code didn’t seem to work but I { } everything in the startup passage and it worked. Appreciate all the quick help :+1: