Useful I6 hooks in I7?

I’m not a big I6 programmer, but I’ve found some stuff really useful & suspect others have too. So I thought I’d see if this thread could fly.

I may never have the time to learn it, and I don’t know much, but sometimes learning miscellaneous pieces…helps.

To set the/-- pronoun it to (O - an object): (- LanguagePronouns-->3 = {O}; -). To set the/-- pronoun him to (O - an object): (- LanguagePronouns-->6 = {O}; -). To set the/-- pronoun her to (O - an object): (- LanguagePronouns-->9 = {O}; -). To set the/-- pronoun them to (O - an object): (- LanguagePronouns-->12 = {O}; -).

Thanks to Climbingstars for this–but I’m wondering if anyone else has stuff that’s high-leverage like this.

Also, I’m wondering, is there a good site or webpage that describes the basics of embedding I6 code in I7? I’ve looked strictly at I7…

The second half of manual chapter 25 is devoted to that stuff.

Aha…I have been chary of looking past chapter 24. I just assumed “extensions” pointed you to inform7.com… thanks.

Here’s another bit of code that might come in useful.

[code]Include (-

[ TESTZCODE;
#ifdef TARGET_ZCODE;
rtrue;
#Ifnot;
rfalse;
#endif;
];

[ TESTGLULX;
#ifdef TARGET_GLULX;
rtrue;
#Ifnot;
rfalse;
#endif;
];

-).

To decide whether zcode: (- TESTZCODE() -).

To decide whether glulx: (- TESTGLULX() -).[/code]

It pretty much allows you to test whether you’re using zcode or glulx at Inform 7 level.

Hope this helps.