URGENT HELP NEEDED from Pinkunz (serious car accident) [phone borrowed for op]

It’s good he’s okay!

12 Likes

Yeah, he seemed relatively (in so much as might be reasonable) comfortable. I was worried since earlier he had mentioned the pain was making it difficult to think with the anesthesia wearing off, so I made sure to ask- the OxyContin helped. Also, he’s not cold, since I asked if he had enough blankets and he seemed faintly bemused as he hadn’t quite considered that until I asked. I’m pretty sure he fell asleep, I’ve been on opioids as well before for medical reasons and in my experience they’re really powerful at putting you to sleep rather suddenly. Hopefully he sleeps easy. He definitely needs the rest.

ETA: He had fallen asleep, just as suspected. He woke up a bit later and chatted some more. Ended up gently urging him to rest when he got eepie again, and he’s back to snoozing.

16 Likes

Pinkunz, I Hope you get better soon. Lucky guy, you are alive and kicking! Snow is a white nasty thing.

11 Likes

That’s scary.
I hope you’ll get better soon, Pinkunz.
I’m glad to hear it’s not as bad as it could have been.

12 Likes

Got an update from Heather - the pain meds have worn off and he’s not up to talking right now as they figure out how to manage it :frowning_with_open_mouth: the good news is they did find his phone and it wasn’t destroyed; he’s charging it now so hopefully once he’s feeling better it’ll be easier to get in touch! And Heather got a ride to work for today, whew. Will check in later and see if there’s any other way we can help.

25 Likes

One more voice sympathizing/wishing/hoping for the best… do we know the extent of his injuries?

14 Likes

Dang, just saw all of this via ifMUD. So glad you’re alive, Pinkunz! Rest and heal and know that many people are thinking about you and sending you all the healing vibes. :revolving_hearts:

17 Likes

Just read this. I’d be happy to donate and give the word out if necessary.

14 Likes

So damn sorry to hear this. Be strong @pinkunz, you will come out on top.

My best wishes.

14 Likes

Pretty bad. He’s had one surgery already and needs another, though he wasn’t super clear on the scheduling of that when I last spoke to him. He talked about the crash and a bit outlining his injuries on the IFMud (according to Jessie) and Seltani. Will drop some of those behind a cut.

Graphic discussion of injuries and car crash below cut.

The snowplow and his truck collided at like, 65mph, which would’ve been like ramming into a steel wall more or less at those speeds. The medical team had mentioned if he hadn’t been in a truck when he was driving, he would have died. The truck was completely destroyed, and he said it looked a bit like the models they use to scare young drivers because it was so compacted/smashed/warped up.

The console of the car crushed his right foot/leg, and apparently the foot had been turned 180 degrees around the wrong way initially. He’s mentioned a bunch of rods and a cage around the leg as well. That foot had pre-existing nerve damage from third degree burns.

He thankfully didn’t (as far as I know) have any cranial involvement in the crash. I’m not sure if he had any other injuries, the gnarly leg stuff seemed to be the most pressing.

25 Likes

Wishing you all the strength and good recovery @pinkunz.

Thanks to everyone who has been keeping us updated.

15 Likes

Best wishes, @pinkunz , I hope you recover soon!

14 Likes

Thinking of you and your wife, Pinkunz, and sending strength and warmth from here :sun_with_face: :hibiscus:. Standing by to help however I can whenever you folks figure out next steps. And many thanks to Sophia, Mike, Brian and others for keeping everyone posted!

16 Likes

My thoughts are with you @pinkunz. Wishing you super fast recovery.

14 Likes

Sorry to hear this @pinkunz. Wishing you all the best.

14 Likes

I’m so glad you’re still here with us, @pinkunz!!!
I’ll be keeping you in my thoughts as well!

23 Likes

Okay, um… I just got off of a short voice call with Pinkunz. He did not have the stamina to type, and only had enough stamina for a few calls. He wanted me to repeat the conversation elsewhere for him.

So… The nerve blockers have left his system. He was in enough agony that it was difficult for him to speak. It’s important to make perfectly clear that nothing has gone wrong. This is just… what happens when nerve blockers from surgery wear off.

Language cannot possibly articulate how incredibly thankful he is that everyone has been rallying around him and helping both him and Heather. He’s focusing on this to help him get through.

40 Likes

Really really glad to hear that Pinkunz is in a stable condition, and for the updates. Keeping you and Heather in my thoughts, @pinkunz.

15 Likes

Pinkunz, my best wishes for healing.

I think we, the people here, can and will really help you.

10 Likes

I’ve just seen this thread, how awful! @pinkunz, get well soon! I’ll keep following this thread and help if I can.

13 Likes