Upheaval - an old-fashioned open world fantasy text adventure

Play Upheaval

You can download and play Upheaval on Windows (as an .exe) or on Android (as an .apk). I used MonoGame to build it.

Upheaval is an open world text adventure RPG, very much inspired by by love for the Zork games. You explore the wilderness, hunt magical treasures, and encounter bandits and monsters. Unlike in Zork, the world changes around you as you play, getting better or worse depending on your actions. You get to decide what to do in response to the changing world (“Ignore it” is totally an option, by the way).

Each adventure takes about 30-90 minutes to play, and you can play over and over–every time you play, you get to discover more about the world and how everything is connected.

I’d love it if you played Upheaval and shared your thoughts! Is it fun? Were you able to accomplish what you set out to accomplish on your first adventure?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Upheaval Version 0.0.6 is out now! I updated the goblin caves extensively, rewrote the prison escape sequence based on player feedback, added new encounters both in the village and the wilds, and fixed some bugs.

You can read the full changelog here.

I’d love if you played it and let me know what you liked and didn’t like. Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes