Upheaval - a sandbox fantasy text adventure

Play Upheaval (Win/Mac/Linux/Android)

Upheaval is a text-based, choice-based open world fantasy adventure RPG where you have just 30 in-game days before the enigmatic Magician arrives. Play again and again with new adventures to discover more about the world and how everything is connected. Each adventure takes about 30-90 minutes to play. You can play on your desktop, on your phone, or even on the console if you want to play like it’s 1980.

Gameplay video

Change is coming. Explore the wilds, track down magical treasures, aid or disrupt encroaching factions, and master the world’s secrets over multiple playthroughs as you take what you’ve learned into each new adventure.

The world is a living, breathing place. You can change the balance of power and the fates of everyone you meet! Or don’t. You can relax, stay in the tavern, go fishing, or ignore everyone and just do your own thing. The choice is completely up to you.

I’m adding new stuff to Upheaval with every update; the full version will be released on Steam when it’s done (you can wishlist it there to get an email when it’s finished).

I’d love it if you played the free demo of Upheaval and let me know what you think!

Thank you! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Upheaval Version 0.0.6 is out now! I updated the goblin caves extensively, rewrote the prison escape sequence based on player feedback, added new encounters both in the village and the wilds, and fixed some bugs.

You can read the full changelog here.

I’d love if you played it and let me know what you liked and didn’t like. Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Upheaval Version 0.0.7 is now available! I added some nice graphics with this update, plus a bunch of other smaller changes and bugfixes.

If you try out the free demo, let me know what you think. Thank you! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Upheaval Version 0.0.8 is out now! New journal interface, new main menu, new versions for Mac and Linux, and some new content and bug fixes.

If you play the demo, I’d love to know what you think of it. Thanks so much! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Upheaval Version 0.0.9, the Sounds and Music update, is out now! New ambient sounds and music, improved tavernkeeper advice for when you’re stuck, improved information when you search a location, and new content throughout.

If you play the demo, I’d love to hear your feedback. Thanks so much! :slight_smile:

5 Likes