Upcoming Comps?

Hi, I was on the ol’ IFWiki and saw 1 upcoming comp listed there:

Annual ADRIFT Comp 2013. Sign up by November 1, 2013. Submit by December 1, 2013.

But I was wondering if anyone knew of other upcoming comps? Just curious. Thanks!

ifcomp.org/
No update for 2013 yet, but generally deadline for intent-to-enter is beginning of September, and deadline for entries is end of September.

allthingsjacq.com/introcomp/
Usually June-ish? This is for beginnings of games.

atparty-demoscene.net/competitions/
There’s an IF category. This is a demo scene thing, but remote entries are allowed. Deadline is June 10th, max 30 minutes.

saugus.net/Contests/Hallowee … esults/IF/
This is a Halloween IF competition. However, they didn’t receive any entries for 2012, so I don’t know if they’re going to hold it again.

-Kevin

Thank you!!! [emote]:D[/emote]

Also ongoing: blog.textadventures.co.uk/questcomp-2013/

JJ Guest’s EctoComp got quite a few entries, though. It’s a fun one to enter and judge. Last year’s had some really good stuff. I’m still embarrassed about the low average scores I gave for it–last time I grade SpeedIF on a curve.

MTW, I don’t know how experienced you are at writing, but now’s a good time to just fiddle around and make silly games that may lead to something. And if you want to judge–well, that’s very welcome too!

Hi, thanks. That’s exactly what I’m doing. About to release my 4th IF. They’ve all been adaptations of game scenarios, but now I feel I want to do something simple and original to enter into an appropriate comp. [emote]:)[/emote]

Oh–er, yes, I see your signature. I guess I have a few games to look at, now.

Don’t play my first one! (That’s advice to all, lol) I put that out so that I would have a benchmark for myself to beat. It’s atrocious but it was, and still is, a good learning experience for me. I like to think that each one gets better than the last, but I’m sure most IF authors can say the same.

I saw the announcement for this a couple years ago, but I didn’t know the invitation was ongoing. That’s great to know. Probably too late to do something this year, but I might try to organize a ZIL minicomp around this next year.