Unnamed IF Book Club: SPY INTRIGUE on Wednesday January 25, 5pm Pacific

Okay, now that I’ve been vested with the truly awesome power of changing a topic’s name, I’m going to keep a consistent forum thread.

The next Unnamed IF Book Club meeting will be on online on Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 5pm Pacific, and we’ll be discussing the Spring Thing entries! The Unnamed IF Book Club is an online book club where we usually select a game, pick it apart, and then discuss whatever else takes our fancy, but Spring Thing just came out and we’re going to be talking about that.

6 Likes

This meeting’s been pushed to Wednesday, May 4th, 5pm Pacific, for reasons of scheduling conflicts.

2 Likes

The next Unnamed IF Book Club will be on Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 5pm Pacific. We’ll be discussing Emily Short’s Bee (Bee - Details)

You may notice that Bee’s a Varytale story, and Varytale is also dead. The version we’ll be discussing is the dendry port, which while incomplete is still playable! You can find it at the link or here: Bee - Emily Short

E: Quick admin note - I find video meetings increasingly stressful as the group size of the call increases, and I think I’m approaching my limit at the current number of attendees. For now, I’m going to be closing invitations. Thanks!

4 Likes

All right, we’re back. The next Unnamed IF Book Club meeting will be on Wednesday, September 28th at 5pm Pacific, and we’ll be discussing Bogeyman (Bogeyman - Details), a 2018 Twine horror game that took 2nd place in the IFComp that year. It isn’t gory or gross, but it does deal with uncomfortable themes related to the abduction and internment of children, of which the MC is one. You can view the somewhat-spoilery content warnings on in INFO section in game if that sounds concerning.

If you’re interested in attending, go ahead and send me a message on the forums and I’ll send you the link.

Thanks!

4 Likes

The next meeting of the Unnamed IF Book Club will be on October 26th at 5pm Pacific, and the subject will be IFComp 2022. Message me on the forums if you’re interested in attending.

2 Likes

The next game will be A Rope of Chalk (A Rope of Chalk - Details) and the time will be Wednesday, November 30th at 5pm Pacific. Message me if you’d like to join.

1 Like

Oh hey right there’s a thread. Update: we’re doing SPY INTRIGUE (SPY INTRIGUE - Details) next on January 25 at 5pm Pacific.

4 Likes