Unfold every branch in one webpage

Hi everyone,

I wonder if I can unfold every branch of one story in one webpage? Right now, If I click one option, I directly jump to the view of that option. I’m looking for a way to present all views//passages that I clicked in one page so readers can easily see the trail of their options.

Thank you.

1 Like

You mean you don’t want it to clear the page and keep scrolling down like in the Twine1 Jonah format?

Which version and format are you using now? (Is it Twine or some other system? I moved this from General Authoring to the Twine group but will move it again if you’re not using Twine.)

1 Like

Hi, thank you for your reply. I’m using web-based twine. I tried all formats in the picture below but all of them clear the page and jump to the view of the chosen branch.

I would like to keep everything in one view and new passages keep appending to the main story. I wonder if there is any available option to make sure I am not inventing the wheel.

Thank you.

So the constantly spooling passages format was a feature of the Jonah style in Twine 1. I suspect there’s something tricky in the CSS that determines this, but I am not experienced enough with Twine nor CSS to help specifically here. You can click the up-arrow by your story title to “Edit Story Stylesheet” if you know how to do it with CSS - if not hopefully someone more experienced with Harlowe will chime in.

1 Like

I remember reading about the “Paloma” story format, which seems like it does what you are looking for: Main link, demo link.

Alternatively, our forum colleague @HiEv provided some code on reddit (link here) which might work well for your purpose, I think.

3 Likes

You might find that you prefer Ink to Twine. It offers branching choices that continually append to a single scrolling passage.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. The paloma format is the closest to what I have been looking for.