I am unable to load a story file after making, saving, and compiling some changes to that file.
Here is what is happening:
- I made some changes to the-time-machine.inform, the story file, and compiled it successfully
- I quit Inform 7 v1.68.1 (6M62)
- Later, when I restarted Inform 7 I was click the story file in the Launcher window
- The file does not load.
- If I click on the menus I see a “ghost” outline of the menu but no menu contents. At times I also see an outline of the window where the story source code would be displayd but now contents as well
- Other story (.inform) and extension (.i7x) files load completely. I can also create new story file.
See video at this link for details - Inform 7 Load Hangs
Prior to this issue I have not updated my operating system or installed any new software
Here is what I have tried:
- Reverted to previously saved story file
- Ran CleanMy Mac v4.12.1
- Rebooting Mac Mini (I am running Monterey on Mac Mini M1, 16GB memory, 1TB storage)
- Shut Mac Mini down and restarted
- Updated MacOS
- Uninstalled Inform 7 v1.68.1 (6M62). Downloaded and reinstalled from Inform 7 site
Nothing seems to have fixed the issue.
It looks like I might have to copy the original source code into a new story file and proceed from there.
Before I do that I would like to know…
- Does anyone have any other debugging suggestions to try?
- Has anyone ever encountered this issue before?
Thanks in advance.