two if statements.

Hey, I know I’ve been asking alot of questions lately but I guess what I’m trying to do with this is fairly complicated(well for a noob anyway). The problem this time is I have a room with an [if unvisited] but I also want to place [if the window is open] inside of it. Which as you probably know gives me an error. It gives me a suggestion for some kind of text substitution. I don’t quiet understand what it means and am not sure if it will work with what I’m trying to do.

Show us yer code. :slight_smile:

I’m using inline hyperlinks so ignor the "[link]"s

[code]The Bedroom is a room; "[if unvisited]I woke up in a suden flash, cold sweat coatexd my body but I felt unbeleavably hot. I quickly shoved my sheets away and sat up. It was still deep in the middle of the night so it took a while for my eyes to adjust, it felt like I just came out of a brightly lit room. The first thing I did was check on my brother, to my releaf he was still fast asleep; snoring soundly. His bed sat against the wall seperated from mine by a wooden [link]end-table[end link] with a [link]glass of water[end link] on top and a [link]lantern[end link] hanging on the wall above.

Now that I was sure I hadn't bothered him I took a closer look around. Faint starlight streamed from the one [link]window[end link] in the room, firmly shut. Next to it stood my [link]bookshelf[end link]. Everything in the room was technically both of ours but my brother had never been much one for reading. Siting across the bookshelf stood the small circular [link]table[as] center table[end link] with two chairs. The [link]book[end link] I had been reading and a candle sat ontop. Finally my eyes settled on the [link]metal sheet[end link] hanging on the closed door opposite my bed. Engraved on it was he Caldar national chant.[otherwise]Faint starlight streamed from the one [link]window[end link] in the room,[if the window is closed] firmly shut[otherwise]wide open[end if]. Next to it stood my [link]bookshelf[end link]. Everything in the room was technically both of ours but my brother had never been much one for reading. Siting across the bookshelf stood the small circular [link]table[as] center table[end link] with two chairs. The [link]book[end link] I had been reading and a candle sat ontop. Finally my eyes settled on the [link]metal sheet[end link] hanging on the closed door opposite my bed. Engraved on it was he Caldar national chant."
The Bedroom is dim.[/code]

I think I just may have thought of something, hold on

Yeah I just fixed it by replacing [otherwise] with [end if], though I still would like to know if there’s a way to do multiple if statements for later, just because I foresee my story going that way.

Check out Chapter 5 of the documentation. Esp: 5.7. Text with random alternatives

Thanks, adding [first time] to my little cheat sheet.

So here’s the new it of code I came up with, using both first time and if visited, I am quiet proud with the result and would like to thank you again.

[code]The Bedroom is a room; "[first time]I woke up in a suden flash, cold sweat coatexd my body but I felt unbeleavably hot. I quickly shoved my sheets away and sat up. It was still deep in the middle of the night so it took a while for my eyes to adjust, it felt like I just came out of a brightly lit room. The first thing I did was check on my brother, to my releaf he was still fast asleep; snoring soundly. His bed sat against the wall seperated from mine by a wooden [link]end-table[end link] with a [link]glass of water[end link] on top and a [link]lantern[end link] hanging on the wall above.

Now that I was sure I hadn't bothered him I took a closer look around.[only] [if visited]My brother was sleeping in the bed accross from mine, seperated by a wooden [link]end-table[end link] with a [link]glass of water[end link] on top and a [link]lantern[end link] hanging on the wall above.[end if]Faint starlight streamed from the one [link]window[end link] in the room,[if the window is closed] firmly shut[otherwise] wide open[end if]. Next to it stood my [link]bookshelf[end link]. [first time]Everything in the room was technically both of ours but my brother had never been much one for reading.[only]Siting across the bookshelf stood the small circular [link]table[as]center table[end link] with two chairs. The [link]book[end link] I had been reading and a candle sat ontop. [if unvisited]Finally my eyes settled on the [link]metal sheet[end link] hanging on the closed door opposite my bed. Engraved on it was he Celdar national chant.[otherwise]Hanging on the door opposite my bed was a metal shit engraved with the Celdar national chant."[/code]

kewl beans y0 :ugeek:

That’ll be “separated”! :wink:

Yeah I have alot of typos. Atm the comp I’m using doesnt have spell check.