Twiny Jam

I like this one but I’m stumped on the username and password. I’ve made a few failed attempts and gotten these responses:

USERNAME HINT: You use this for everything
PASSWORD HINT: Gone, but

I haven’t gotten to play them all yet, but I enjoyed that Tomatoes (James Earl Cox III) one I mentioned earlier. It’s a little unsettling at first, and then it’s hilarious, but still unsettling (in a good way). I also liked What are you wearing? (Von Django) and Staring at a Cave Wall (voec).

oo good idea, i’ll note that too!

Yeah, that’s about where I got stuck. There seem like a few obvious variations on the password but the username I basically have no idea.

Thanks for the suggestions! I should say I haven’t got to play these all either, so if I haven’t mentioned one it’s probably awesome but I haven’t played it! And I didn’t mention any of the ones people posted in this thread because we can just presume that ours are all awesome.

I like “itch” by Liz England a lot.

lizengland.itch.io/itch

I was thinking of posting that one but I decided to hide under my bed instead.

Here’s another one that I thought was really nice: Singular by Gritfish.

It’s a whole RPG distilled into evocative one-word scenes. The only problem was that once I got enough memories, they trailed off the side of the screen so I couldn’t read them.

Ooh, here’s a… sequel in spirit, I guess… to “itch”.

lizengland.itch.io/growth

This person must use the same username for all of their accounts…

I’m really enjoying Twiny Jam. How great to take 5 minutes between doing other things to get a well-crafted slice of experience. It’s like poetry or sudden fiction, but finely tailored toward interactivity.

I’m a space geek, so I enjoyed Salyut, minimal as it is.
And One Day a Week You Work Here is pretty hard hitting.

Managed to make a second entry in the closing hours: snoother.itch.io/daytime-never-had-a-chance

I second the recommendation for itch. And I liked the concept for Speechless. Aesthetically, Inventory is another hark back to early text adventures but has some really cool text effects and uses the word limit rather cleverly. The Text Messages That You Miss When Your Friend Goes To The Space Ambassadors’ Party But You Stay Home (thank goodness for copy and paste) also looked beautiful but I just couldn’t endure it all (though that is half the point, I guess).

ETA:

Yes, that one really took me by surprise.

That one is really nice, worlds of commentary in such a confined space.

And I really like this, very evocative: font, music, timing, color, title structured to convey the scene vividly.

Thanks! All those things I deliberated over quite a bit, so glad to hear it paid off.

OK, this is really embarrassing, but this is my first time uploading anything to itch.io, and I’m running into problems making a .zip. Apparently, my game can’t be played because the .zip I uploaded doesn’t contain an index.html file. The problem is, I don’t know how to make an index.html file. (It does contain the .html of my game.)

More than anything, I’d love to just be able to link my game off Philomela, to ensure that it looks good and is the right size, but that doesn’t seem to be an option.

Just rename your html file to index.html then zip it up and upload. All they want is a playable file called index.html. (This caught me out too when I first tried itch.io)

@Snoother: Thanks a bunch for your help! Well, I certainly wasn’t expecting it to be that easy. Once more, thanks a lot!

In case anyone’s interested, it can be played here: Behind the Glass. A reverse adventure game where the PC is the game itself, creating interactable features for an NPC “player”. Not sure it’s all that good (especially after playing some excellent contributions), but hey, I was on a wordcount.

Wow, people have done some amazing stuff for this! Did you see stars? (Note: music!)

At the last minute, inspired by the weather, I made a small game about rain. How long has it been raining? No one knows. You tell me: downpour

Looks good so far, but I can’t finish it because one screen, I think, cuts off (“Your mother told you she saw a star once. Your father told you about engines. Your other mother told you about welding and long trips.”)

Agh, you can’t scroll? Sorry! I think expanding the game box has fixed it though. Thank you!

@rosencrantz: Very nice! Good visuals, good use of choices, and the theme resonates with me.

Can I get a hint for Inventory? I can see from viewing the source that there’s more than I’m seeing, so I’m clearly missing something.

Where are you stuck? AFAICT there’s one item that works for each challenge

until the very end.