Please specify version and format if asking for help, or apply optional tags above:
Twine Version: 2.3.9 offline
Story Format: any
I’m not sure if this is a legitimate bug to report on the Twine github, or if it is just me, so figured I’d start here. Is this a bug or am I doing something crazy?
I installed the 2.3.9 version of Twine onto my Windows 10 desktop two days ago.
I have used the below steps 1-6 without a problem on the online Twinery version. So I’m hoping that means it’s not just me.
- Installed Twine offline installer to default path.
- Got the latest SugarCube online from the docs here.
- Got the link to the Illume online format.js
- Fire up Twine
- Open Formats and add the path to the the SugarCube link. It installs without a problem and I set it to use it as the default.
- I then add the Illume. It installs without a problem. I set it to the default.
- I got into my story, and ensure the 2.33.1 is selected for the format.
- I exit out of Twine. When I look at the story-formats.json in my profile, it looks great. Note: See modified-story-formats.json, in the zip attached
- I fire up Twine again and exit out.
- Next time I start up Twine, SugarCube is back to 2.31.1, 2.33.1 is gone and Illume is no longer listed. I open the story-formats.json and the array looks like it might be broken, with an odd 2.31.1 entry added after the array is closed. Note: See broken-story-formats.json, attached in the zip. To me it looks like the array is broken when it tries to insert 2.31.1 back onto the list after it was replaced in step 5.
- Then the next time it starts, the JSON is reverted back to the default that was there after a fresh install.
From that point on, the story-formats.json seems to be reset back to default and I no longer see my two added formats.
I then tried downloading both and installing using the file:/// and it has the exact same issue, where it disappears eventually. I also tried setting the story-formats.json to read-only once I got the modified copy, and that doesn’t prevent it either.
story-format files.zip (1.5 KB)