Twine 2.4.0

Maybe a right click menu?

1 Like

Have you tried Visual Studio Code combined with the Twee 3 Language Tools extension by Cyrusfirheir?
It supports Harlowe’s macro language syntax, and also has a Passage Map if that something that interests you.

1 Like

Thanks, @Greyelf

I downloaded the package from the site, called "code_(load of numbers).deb (I’m using Linux Mint) and installed it. It claimed that all the dependencies were satisfied. But it doesn’t seem to have put a shortcut into my Start menu, unless it’s something called Eclipse. And that doesn’t work. Unfortunately, not knowing what the app is actually called, I can’t try to launch it from the command line.

Sigh. Thanks anyway.

The binary should be executable with code or code . (with the full stop if you want to open it within the context of the current directory).

1 Like

Wow, thanks - that’s launched it alright. I does make me wonder if I’m going to need three years in computing college before I know the stuff they assume I know!

(Note: I launched in my home directory. Without the dot, since I didn’t know where the .deb package had actually put it. Somewhere in /usr/ probably.)

1 Like

Just to be clear, the dot is intended to refer to the current directory where you have the command line open, not the location of the binary. If the binary is found on the path environment variable (i.e., if the system knows where the binary is), then you can call it from anywhere and with any directory as a context. For example, executing it with code . when you have the terminal open in a “myproject” directory will open it within the context of that “myproject” directory.

About the binary’s location: Linux has a very useful command called “which” which can give you that. Enter “which code” on the command line to see where the binary is located (as you say, probably somewhere in /usr/bin/ or /usr/local/bin/).

1 Like

How long will Twine 2.3 be maintained?

I personally don’t plan to work on 2.3 further. But I’m all for people in the community doing so if they’d like.

1 Like