Transition from Inform 6 to Inform 7 [Split from Admiral Jota thread]

Oh, absolutely! Of course, greedy bastards that we are, we want it all, everything all at once, in one all-encompassing, most technologically advanced yet easiest to use, and most importantly free, package!

Multi-lingual capabilities, including those of the visually impaired, is a necessary component as well. And the resulting IF game must accommodate both beginners and seasoned players, of course.

The coding language must be natural, with none of these strange, cryptic characters. Ideally doable with standard text editor (read typewriter), if not with custom IDE.

All these functionalities must be available without the players having to download any package or install any player program. Just straight off the web browser, so to speak.

And it would be nice if graphics and other design elements are included. Maps and 2D graphics are a given. Dare I say it? 3D graphics and animation?

So, uh, any volunteer on this project? I can give you the design document if you want. I leave the technical implementations up to you, however. :grin::rofl:

3 Likes

And the telepathic button "“What I Want” would also be nice to have :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Right next to the “do what I meant, not what I said” switch.

4 Likes