Toby's Nose version 2 released

(I’ve posted this as a news item on IFDB, but I figured I ought to post it here as well.)

A second release for Toby’s Nose is now available through the links on the game’s IFDB page.

Apart from a few typo corrections and bug fixes, the most major feature in this second release is the addition of three difficulty settings. The game begins with all the text presented normally, but you can SHARPEN YOUR SCENT to italicize most nouns, which will make identifying them for the mystery easier. If you SHARPEN YOUR SCENT again, then all the most important clues will also be set into bold. Typing SNIFFLE will remove these formatting hints and return the game to normal.

Along with the inventory clue-management system, and the in-game help menu, these new settings should hopefully allow players to adjust the game to their preferred level.

Those are cool verbs–they integrate into diffculty settings without feeling like Difficulty Settings! I managed to draw a blank on playing all last year’s ST games, but this is motivation to go back and have a good start.