To score, or not to score?

And in both Afflicted and A Killer Headache, it’d also be a signal that we shouldn’t be treating the gore and severed body parts too seriously. (Establishing tone was something that AKH struggled with somewhat.)

I wouldn’t actually automatically agree with that. Progression is one thing, tone is another. I did find it a tiny bit jarring that score went up as I was maimed, but not enough to actually interfere with the tone, or with the seriousness of the fore and severing.

On a sidenote, which game was it where your maximum score was a random value and you actually got random points? I think that as the game progressed, your maximum score actually came down to meet your current one. Was it Leather Goddesses of Phobos? That was completely tone-setting.

Wasn’t LGOP. Or Bureaucracy (that was the one with “blood pressure”). Hm. I remember the effect you’re talking about but not what game it was.

Actually, it was LGOP. I just checked. Played the first scene three times, getting 3, 8, and 2 points. Quitting at that point tells you your score is out of a possible 9000-something.