To Burn in Memory - Atemporal Exploration

Judges can do what they want, but this isn’t a case of “author releases an incomplete version and insists on judges playing the bugfix”–there was never supposed to be an offline version, and it seems as though one wound up in the competition zip through a misunderstanding of the rules on the author’s part. It seems perverse to say that it’s equally legitimate for reviewers to play the broken version. As if I were to review Her Story on the basis of my experience on OS X 10.7, where the videos don’t run.

Anyway, if it’s supposed to be bad for the author to say this, I’m not an author (or affiliated with the author), so I can say it: The offline “version” is not a version of the game but is missing crucial elements. The only way To Burn In Memory is at toburninmemory.com.

Added a little something for the final weekend: To Burn in Memory’s free roam patch is now live! Just click the little scroll on the left bar to enter the credits and select it from there. You can do this from anywhere at any time. Music should work on all platforms now, too. As always, you can find the latest version here: http://toburninmemory.com/

Also, thanks for that matt w!

Orihaus, I admire your game »To burn in memory«. Thanks a lot for that!

I’d like to create such a game myself or simple try to. Unfortunately the download link on sauhiro-orihaus.squarespace.com … 16/3/11/in is broken. I’d very much like to use your engine you created »To burn in memory« with. Would it be possible to reactivate the download link or to tell me where the engine can be downloaded? That would be very, very nice!

By the way: Which font did you use for this game?

Thanks a lot

Atrus

@atrus, I’m currently working on the engine daily so any version I patch up to work standalone would be out of date days later. Once the engine is more stable development wise I’ll put together a standalone build for sure!

I’m getting a timeout when trying to load the site right now… is the project dead or just dreaming for a while?

Thanks Orihaus for all the work, I’m looking forward to it!!!

Remaster in the works with all the improvements I’ve made to the Inquisitor engine over the last year. Should be out later this month!