This year's clawfoot bathtub

All publicity is good publicity I think. Certainly in IF. Thank heaven for the contributors on here, particularly in these trying times.

4 Likes

I spotted it now- it was the bus stop in Entangled near the east end of the Main Street. “No one is sitting under the awning even though the line runs all night.” I knew it was something beginning with E… :grin:)

3 Likes

Good work!

2 Likes

I’m picturing all these in a crazy conspiracy-theory flowchart with red string and thumbtacks!

2 Likes

Did you know that all of The Baron is set inside a Washington D.C. pizza restaurant?

2 Likes

:grimacing:

4 Likes

I am.sure pizza must feature in many games due to its place in the vanguard of student diets. Castle Ralf has one welded to the inside of an oven.

1 Like

Yes, IFComp2020 is CardGameComp. Ascension of Limbs, Tragic, Minor Arcana, Saint Simon’s Saw… and Deus Ex Ceviche.

1 Like

…and A Murder In Fairyland includes a card game too.

Come to think of it, I have a poker match in my game as well. But you have to cheat :slight_smile:

Yes, card games seem to be a thing this year.

Is that a spoiler??? :wink:

No, no, that’s clear enough in the context :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cursed Pickle of Shireton contains a very brief card game version of Rock Paper Scissors.

2 Likes

Ha, I played it for 3+ hours and had no idea. I feel like whatever folks land on as a common thread, you could just pipe up with “oh, that’s in Cursèd Pickle too. It’s in one of the Sameytowns, I forget which.”

4 Likes

It seems like there are more sequels than usual this year, such as Limerick Quest, The Magpie Takes the Train, and Return to Castle Coris.

I haven’t played them yet, but from the blurbs it looks like A Murder in Fairyland and the Cursèd Pickle of Shireton might be sequels, too - or at least set in worlds created in another game by the same author.

Added (much later): The Land Down Under is also a sequel.

3 Likes

Also For A Place by the Putrid Sea, Desolation, and Ghostfinder: Shift are sequels!

4 Likes

What was the prequel to Ghostfinder:Shift?

2 Likes

I believe the author said in another post (maybe in the author’s forum?) that it wasn’t publicly released.

3 Likes

Ahh, a bit late, but yes, “Ghostfinder: Shift” is actually the second episode of the Ghostfinder series. The first episode was intended to compete in last year’s IFComp, but ended up being way too long and, in my opinion, amateurish. I decided to sit on it, and make the second episode the “world debut” instead. It will definitely get some much-needed revisions and some sort of a release at some point though.

5 Likes