Theme now displaying blocky boxes for main page?

Somehow I am getting blocky graphics boxes instead of the old text style on the home page. Did I enable something inadvertently?

It is set to the default theme. Is there a way I can revert back to the old style?

Thank you.

4 Likes

Ah, I see what you mean. You can’t see all the sub-categories and stats on number of new and unread threads. That’s a bit of a pain. I relied on that.

5 Likes

Oh good I thought I was losing my mind.

2 Likes

I think showing only category names on the front page makes it less welcoming to new arrivals. You have to click to discover that this is a discussion forum.

2 Likes

I was experimenting with new themes and plugins. I’ve disabled that component for now. You might need to refresh the forum in the browser; let me know if it’s still too too much of a change from what’s been done before.

2 Likes

hohoh it’s different again :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah, give me some time to track that down, that’s a site setting.

EDIT: Should be back to normal.

3 Likes

If anyone is having trouble with the type being the wrong color, go into your preferences on the interface tab and change your color scheme appropriately.

I was also experimenting with a plugin component that allowed any theme to be toggled from light to dark mode, but it also looks at your browser setting - if you’re set to prefer dark mode it may grab the wrong color scheme so you get white on white or black on black text if it’s out of sync.

I most likely will remove this as it probably confuses too many people. If you choose a light and dark color scheme that overrides what any other theme tries to change to.

You likely want to pick “Theme Default” for light and “Same as regular” for dark unless you find a scheme you like better or the theme you use has a dark mode you prefer, but I may shut off the color schemes as choosable unless everyone likes it better.

3 Likes

I’m easily confused.

Thank you for your help.

2 Likes

Experimenting is good, mind you. :)

4 Likes

Yes, there is a preview function, but sometimes it has to be live for me to figure out what is a dumpster fire and what is awesome.

2 Likes